Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wash DC brew pubs tonight?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline redzim

• Brewer
Wash DC brew pubs tonight?
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:38:02 am »
I'm in DC for a conference which is ending earlier than I thought today. Would love to check out a decent brewpub w/ restaurant tonight. I understand it's a Friday so everything might be full, but is there any thing that isn't crazy expensive that would be worth checking out? I have the wife along, who is more of a wine person than beer, so that's partly to be considered as well. We're staying NE near Gallaudet but would consider anything w/in a reasonable Metro or taxi ride.

thanks for any tips,
red

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
Re: Wash DC brew pubs tonight?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 07:47:25 am »
Not sure how close they are to you, but Bluejacket would fit your bill.  Also, Churchkey is more a pub in that they don't brew, but also recommended.

narvin

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:21:27 am »
Right Proper is nearby, both the tasting room at the new production brewery (no food unless a food truck shows up) and the Brewpub.  Their beer is excellent.

Offline redzim

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:36:32 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions. We ended up going to Bluejacket.  Excellent place. The current beer menu is heavy on a bunch of Belgian farmhouse varieties and about 5 different IPAs. A solid Berliner Weisse with local rhubarb and strawberry as well, which was quite nice. I built my own flight and was not disappointed. Food is nothing to sneeze at either (my wife is a CIA grad and not easily impressed but she liked this place).   Highly recommended.