Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Curse is over in cleveland  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Curse is over in cleveland
« on: June 20, 2016, 07:02:13 pm »
How about the history making Cleveland Cavaliers! Wow Epic series and epic game 7 conclusion to the long awaited championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline beersk

• In the night!
Re: Curse is over in cleveland
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 07:11:14 pm »
I had ZERO investment in it, but my dad was explaining to me about Golden State and how they had some kind of amazing run and he was pissed that the Cavaliers came and ruined it for them. I didn't really care, but empathized with him, especially because LeDouche James plays for the Cavaliers. But it seems like all the greats are douches. Michael Jordan was, wasn't he?
This really is a question, I have never been into NBA.
Jesse

Offline Stevie

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »
My dad tells me that NBA officiating is on par with Don King promoted boxing matches.

Offline blair.streit

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »
Was Larry Bird a douche? Seriously asking -- that's about the last time I paid any attention to basketball and AFAIK he didn't go Bill Cosby, but maybe I missed it.

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 08:48:32 pm »
As a Boston Red Sox fan, I'm glad to see another franchise finally has broken its curse, too. A great series between two great teams two years running. And maybe next year they'll play again in the finals? I hope so.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »
I never heard of Larry Bird being a douche.  Michael Jordan, either.
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:50:03 am »
I've heard them all called legendary trash talkers, but I've never heard of them being jerks off the court.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 06:06:15 am »

MJ will come up to you on a plane to see if you're wearing the right underwear...decent guy if you ask me :)

I'm just glad it's over so sports radio can stop talking about it.  I mean the Sox are in a race for first place and the Pats have had their first offseason workouts...who watches basketball anyways.

The only curse I want to see broken is the Cubs (assuming the Red Sox are out of it).  And of course that Patriots curse of not winning a Superbowl for 1 year straight...we've waited long enough! ;)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 06:39:17 am »

The only curse I want to see broken is the Cubs
Now you're talkin'. I'm really hoping for them this year, they're an amazing team. Thanks to Joe Maddon! Best manager the Cubs have had in a long time. They seem like more of a team than I ever remember.
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 06:47:29 am »
Now you're talkin'. I'm really hoping for them this year, they're an amazing team. Thanks to Joe Maddon! Best manager the Cubs have had in a long time. They seem like more of a team than I ever remember.

+1 to that.
Jon H.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 07:05:32 am »

+1 to that.
And the thing of it is, when they lose, they play amazingly. Last night's loss against the Cards was no cheap win for the Cards. The Cubs fought to the end, it really seems like post season play a lot of the time, even when the Cubs lose. It's felt that way especially with the close loss to the Nats and the Cards in the last couple games. That's the mark of a great team.

Anyway, I didn't realize Cleveland had some curse. I just knew Lebron James played on the team, based on what my dad was telling me, and that James said he planned to go elsewhere after this season. It's like, dude, why can't you just stay on one team and dominate? You need more f*cking money, ya a-hole? You need more MILLIONS? I mean, seriously people... MJ was a Bulls guy to the end...that is respectable and admirable. I like when players pledge themselves to a team, it's cool, it's loyal.
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 07:39:47 am »
And the thing of it is, when they lose, they play amazingly. Last night's loss against the Cards was no cheap win for the Cards. The Cubs fought to the end, it really seems like post season play a lot of the time, even when the Cubs lose. It's felt that way especially with the close loss to the Nats and the Cards in the last couple games. That's the mark of a great team.

As a life long Cubs fan, I'm pretty excited. But the old school Cubs fan in me thinks that, since the stars are finally all perfectly aligned for it to happen, it probably won't. However the combo of Theo and Joe wasn't there before. That's how you build and manage a team.
Jon H.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 09:13:39 am »

As a life long Cubs fan, I'm pretty excited. But the old school Cubs fan in me thinks that, since the stars are finally all perfectly aligned for it to happen, it probably won't. However the combo of Theo and Joe wasn't there before. That's how you build and manage a team.
Absolutely. They finally have people that know their sh*t, regardless of some curse. Personally, I'd like to just see them actually make it to the World Series. Winning it would just be the cherry on top. Since 1945 is a long long time for a team to not even make it there.
Jesse

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 09:42:36 am »
Growing up a Red Sox fan I'm happy to see Cleveland win a championship and would love to see the Cubs win the WS in a year the Sox were not in the World series. Growing up a Red Sox fan was a special kind of suffering: I was born in 1968 and my whole life they have had solid to stellar teams almost every year and came so close so many times, so the disappointment was not a slow realization they are having a bad year but a stab in  the heart. Just in my lifetime so many just missed playoffs/pennants, Bucky Effing Dent, Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone, a few close playoff series, etc etc. Ironically, since winning in 2004 its just not the same being a Red Sox fan, no longer the hard luck underdog but the big salary big market team.
As far as Larry Bird goes, not sure how much his d-bagness was just trash talking or if he was a jerk off the court. Those things didn't get the coverage they do today, they weren't followed around by paparazzi etc. so who knows. I thought of Bird a couple years ago when the defensive back for the Seahawks (Sherman?) trash talked after a huge playoff game and people went crazy calling him all kinds of names. Larry Bird did that 50 times a year but if you were not a local boy watching post game interviews you wouldn't know, there was no Sportcenter or internet. We called him "competitive".
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
I mean the Sox are in a race for first place

Speaking of which, why isn't that getting more press coverage? The O's and Red Sox have been neck and neck all year, and ESPN's website have no mention of last week's series on their front MLB page. Hate the fact that the media kinda pans our division whenever the Yankees are having a bad year.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.