Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Curse is over in cleveland  (Read 4568 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Curse is over in cleveland
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 10:28:56 am »
Ironically, since winning in 2004 its just not the same being a Red Sox fan, no longer the hard luck underdog but the big salary big market team.

Interesting. I wonder how much the Cubs would seem this way if they won the World Series. I'm not thinking that far ahead though. I just love seeing them being such a great team this year. It's so much fun. Even when they lose, like yesterday and to the Nats the other day, it's just fun and great baseball.
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 10:33:59 am »
Interesting. I wonder how much the Cubs would seem this way if they won the World Series.

Sounds like a good problem to have, to me. Bring it on.    ;D
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 10:37:07 am »
Back to the Cavs, so happy to see a Cleveland team win a championship. I agree that some loyalty from the players would be nice, but it just doesn't happen in this day and age. I was amazed the Cavs were able to re-sign James after his rookie contract. I wish we had not needed him to win a championship. As a almost 20 year resident of Cleveland, I will never forgive him for the arrogance of his stupid televised "decision." He's a punk with some basketball skills, with no class or loyalty. When you let your posse drive your decisions, and put up with their nonsense, you will make the non loyal decision every time as they only care about how much cash you bring in. If he finishes his career in Cleveland,  I will still feel this way
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 05:05:20 pm »
Very happy that the Cavs won, especially against Golden State. Not that I have anything against Golden State, except I despise all their bandwagon fans.

Your typical Cowboys/Yankees/Warriors fan (courtesy of Jimmy Kempski of the Philly Voice):

Offline Stevie

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:15 pm »
Your list is lacking the Pats, Seahawks and Lakers

Bandwagon fans are new for the warriors. My Dad has been a fan from the time he moved to CA in the late 60's. Nice to see him enjoy their current run.

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 06:25:01 pm »
Back to the Cavs, so happy to see a Cleveland team win a championship. I agree that some loyalty from the players would be nice, but it just doesn't happen in this day and age. I was amazed the Cavs were able to re-sign James after his rookie contract. I wish we had not needed him to win a championship. As a almost 20 year resident of Cleveland, I will never forgive him for the arrogance of his stupid televised "decision." He's a punk with some basketball skills, with no class or loyalty. When you let your posse drive your decisions, and put up with their nonsense, you will make the non loyal decision every time as they only care about how much cash you bring in. If he finishes his career in Cleveland,  I will still feel this way

I don't really understand this. He came back, apologized, and won a championship. What more could you want from him?
Kyle M.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 07:41:01 pm »
His arrogance in that debacle is and always will be unforgivable.  Just my thought and thousands of native Clevelanders
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 08:46:28 pm »
His arrogance in that debacle is and always will be unforgivable.  Just my thought and thousands of native Clevelanders
I actually see it as a mistake made by a young man. I don't know what I would have done in those.shoes. Too much of people's own stuff is projected on these people. I don't know. Unforgivable? As if they are doing something to us. Like I said "I don't know."
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:01 pm »
I hear you Pete,  but in reality, he knew what he was going to do beforehand and mislead the Cleveland fans, his coach,  his team mates, and his owner into thinking he might stay in Cleveland.  In the end, he could not just have a conversation with the necessary people,  he had to make it a nationwide spectacle on live TV. I also fault ESPN for broadcasting that selfish BS. I don't fault him for leaving, just the way he handled it. Cocky, arrogant, self important non sense allowed to take place because of the devotion of his fans and the hype of the media. Who else in the last 40 years had a live ESPN presentation of their choice of where to play? Nobody, because it's crass and disrespectful. For someone with his exposure, someone in his camp surely told him it was in poor taste and yet, he still did it. Again, in my eyes, unforgivable
Frank L.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
In the end, the Cavs won a championship with his help. I won't give him more credit than that no matter what the stats were
Frank L.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 09:04:09 pm »
I'm with you here. He made a stupid decision when he chose to make it into a spectacle. Overall he seems like an ok guy.

narvin

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2016, 09:00:11 am »
"Cavaliers invite Bernie Kosar to ride in victory parade"

Well now it's just getting sad.  If anything, this will start a new curse.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 09:02:38 am »

Awesome  ;D   
Jon H.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2016, 09:04:13 am »

Sounds about right, but I sure hope not
Frank L.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »
"Cleveland rocks!" Drew Carey.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women