Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Who watches YouTube videos on beer brewing anymore?  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Who watches YouTube videos on beer brewing anymore?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 02:47:06 pm »
Crazy. I too listen to Scandinavian death metal when adding roast malts at the end of mash. Deep down, aren't we all really just the same.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 05:25:32 pm »
Crazy. I too listen to Scandinavian death metal when adding roast malts at the end of mash. Deep down, aren't we all really just the same.
Close, but that's Tampa death metal all the way.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

Honestly, I would party with the Mongster any day of the week.  He has an excellent sense of humor, IMO.

Offline Biran

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 08:35:42 pm »

One of my brew days was scored by Dethklok's Death Album III.  It was brutal.

Offline crakers540

• Cellarman
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »
I review videos just to see if someone is doing something that I can learn from.  I learned how to build by mash tun from watching videos on youtube.  Other great ideas are constantly being posted there, but, agreed,  most are a repeat of the same thing.  But if I stop watching, I may miss something as revolutionary as "Batch Sparging".  Who knows what is next?

Offline frumpland

• 1st Kit
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 08:57:59 am »
The vids about All Grain Brewing for Beginners are hilarious. Usually, a vid is produced by a clueless beginner demonstrating to other clueless beginners his version of producing the first all grain batch of beer that he has ever made. The best part is that vid producers come on as being a great authority on brewing beer, but after a few minutes of watching, it becomes obvious that they have no idea about what they are doing.
A vid deserving an Oscar is the vid which a guy produced on how to brew all grain session ale for beginners. The best part of the vid comes when the guy pulls out a blackboard and draws a pacman head on it and with added pacman sound effects he describes how yeast eats Alpha and produces sugar that does not ferment and how Beta does almost the same thing, but at a slower pace. Then at the end of the  blackboard dribble, an expression that a chimpanzee exhibits when he sees himself in a mirror for the first time came upon the guys face and he then said, "I really don't understand any of it." Another great part comes when hundreds of viewers who have absolutely no knowledge of brewing beer gave him accolades for producing a fine, instructional vid.

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski