Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1st brew  (Read 1628 times)

Offline jwjames

• 1st Kit
1st brew
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:00:26 pm »
 So I watched the videos read the books and subscribed to the AHA. I re-watched the videos read and reread the instructions and finely took the dive. Yesterday at 4:03 PM I pitched the yeast on my first batch of home-brew. The whole process was a blast. I was totally amazed at the amount of action that started taking place in only couple hours and am still in awe at the amount of action taking place in the primary. The whole process went off relatively smoothly thanks to good advice and proper research, not to say I won't do it different next time but no foamy beast jumped out of my pot and engulfed my patio in a sticky mess. Now the waiting begins.

Happy brewing
John
Brew Happy, John

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: !st brew
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:01:17 pm »
congrats and welcome to the obsession.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline muzak

• Cellarman
  • Rialto, California
Re: 1st brew
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:50:02 pm »
This is definitely a very fun and rewarding hobby.

Hope your first batch turns out well, and if it doesn't, mine didn't, keep at it.
John L.
---
Planning: Simcoe SMaSH
Bubbling:
Drinking: Saison, Amber Ale, APA, American Strong Ale

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 01:01:02 pm »
Congrats and seems like a job well done. Now to start thinking about the next batch. Keep the pipeline stocked
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 01:28:42 pm »
Congratulations on your first batch. True learning begins when you put into practice what you have studied. Please feel free to come back to this forum with your questions. There are a bunch of good guys here eager to help without any condemnation. I love this forum.
Enjoy you time brewing!
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline IPAnic

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »
Congratulations on your first batch. True learning begins when you put into practice what you have studied. Please feel free to come back to this forum with your questions. There are a bunch of good guys here eager to help without any condemnation. I love this forum.
Enjoy you time brewing!

And girls.... :)

Offline M-O-O-N That spells beer!

• Assistant Brewer
  • South Jersey
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 07:41:42 pm »
The whole process was a blast. I was totally amazed at the amount of action that started taking place in only couple hours and am still in awe at the amount of action taking place in the primary. The whole process went off relatively smoothly thanks to good advice and proper research, not to say I won't do it different next time but no foamy beast jumped out of my pot and engulfed my patio in a sticky mess. Now the waiting begins.

I remember my first brew (not that long ago) and the feeling that you're having now.  That feeling does not go away and it is awesome! There are a great bunch of people here and the knowledge that they have is awesome! Welcome to the obsession of homebrew!

Na zdrowie!