Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A little HelpPlease  (Read 1744 times)

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
A little HelpPlease
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:29:30 pm »
I don't know if this is allowed here but being retired Navy and in need of help with saving tradition I wanted to ask you my fellow brewers for some help in signing this. If needed Admins please remove and I am sorry to post this here.
 I am asking for your assistance in saving 241 years of Naval Heritage. On 29 Sept the Sec of Navy issued a command eliminating all rate titles in the navy. Long story short you no longer have a Boatswains mate, Quartermaster, Aviation Ordananceman, or the Corpsman. There is a petition to the white house to over ride this and reinstate all the rating titles. Most of the rates have a long and honorable history the Boatswain and Quartermaster can trace their roots back to the british navy. Overall this was done to eliminate the word man from the rating titles of a few and make them more gender neutral.
Here is the link for the petition please sign it and verify your email afterwards and thank you if you do sign it and pass on to your friends.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ating-specialty-titles-disestablished-9292016

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
Re: A little HelpPlease
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:43:42 am »
Not sure if any of you sign this petition or not but to those who did sign this thank you for helping us out in reaching our goal. We reached it last night and now our words will hopefully go to the President for him to hear our concern.

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 07:05:52 am »
Bring back the Rum Ration also...
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:54:02 am »
How do they plan to differentiate one from another? Hey you, the deck swabbing, haze grey painting person? Hey person who keeps track of supplies?
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »
you will still have the title of Petty officer but thats it nothing else so before it would of been BM1 Smith now it is Petty officer first class Smith, God help the command that has more than one petty officer first class Smith because we all know there are more than one Smith in the Navy.

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »
There are more than one SGT Smith in the Army and Marines, too. The issue isn't unique to the Navy, nor is it so bad that you can't deal with it.  I'm sure it won't break the Navy.
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge