Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Baseball 2016  (Read 23433 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Baseball 2016
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 09:35:59 am »
And me?  I don't want to talk about 2016 baseball.

Stinkin Mariners...
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 09:42:13 am »
I'm a long suffering Cubs fan. It's a strange position to be the favorite going into the playoffs, and that's the scary part. Hopefully that's the last extra inning game that gets away this postseason. :)

Good grief.  Did you stay up for it?  I called it quits heading into the 11th at 10 minutes before 1 am.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 09:43:23 am »
I'm a long suffering Cubs fan. It's a strange position to be the favorite going into the playoffs, and that's the scary part. Hopefully that's the last extra inning game that gets away this postseason. :)

Good grief.  Did you stay up for it?  I called it quits heading into the 11th at 10 minutes before 1 am.

No, had to be up at 5. I hung 'til the end of the 11th and hoped for the best. The Giants are a tough minded team - hopefully that doesn't get them rolling.
Jon H.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 09:55:12 am »
I would love to see the Cubs and Indians in the WS...it will almost be like watching the Red Sox. :)

And we get to hear the announcers say Coco Crisp again
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:24 am »
I would love to see the Cubs and Indians in the WS...it will almost be like watching the Red Sox. :)

Love Coco Crisp. I remember some amazing catches when he was with the Sox.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:25 am »

Love Coco Crisp. I remember some amazing catches when he was with the Sox.

being cubs fan before coming to Cleveland and becoming a tribe fan also, it's the perfect scenario for a Cub's / Tribe world series.  Lot's of BB to be played ,but man would I love to see that!
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

narvin

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 08:30:26 am »
Nats gonna blow it tomorrow.  They are Caps 2.0.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 08:02:52 pm »

I stayed up for it. Didn't get to bed until about 1:45am. Man, was I tired the next day as I had to be at work by 7:30. I left work early at 2pm though. I was SO frustrated with the Cubs yesterday, I went to bed in the 8th. Man, was that a mistake. And the Giants made the mistake of taking Moore out in the 8th. Cubs weren't hitting off him for sh*t. But they came alive as they have so many times in the late innings this year. GO CUBS! Shut the haters up. I seriously don't understand the haters at this point. Dontchya just wanna see the Cubs get a World Series, JUST ONCE? No one in our freakin' lifetime has seen that! It's freakin' HISTORY. I just don't understand the haters...
Jesse

Offline Stevie

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 08:09:01 pm »
Giants fan, but happy for the Cubs

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2016, 08:45:57 pm »
Going to Game 1 of the NLCS.  Rooftop, so I won't be in the park.  But whatevah.

I'm long suffering.  Used to go in grade school to see Jody Davis and Rick Sutcliffe.  Before that, Dave Kingman.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 06:44:33 am »
Going to Game 1 of the NLCS.  Rooftop, so I won't be in the park.  But whatevah.

I'm long suffering.  Used to go in grade school to see Jody Davis and Rick Sutcliffe.  Before that, Dave Kingman.

Back to even Bill Buckner (pre Red Sox boot) and Rick Monday for me. Damn, I'm getting old. Enjoy!
Jon H.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 07:14:39 am »

Back to even Bill Buckner (pre Red Sox boot) and Rick Monday for me. Damn, I'm getting old. Enjoy!
Here I am complaining about not having been to Wrigley since 2009... That feels way too long for me.

I'll be going out Saturday to watch the game and probably drinking too much beer (when does that not happen really...). But maybe I'll be different this time and drink soda, at least then I'd get free refills.
Jesse

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 07:26:38 am »

Hopefully they will ease your pain.  2004 was a special year for me.  It's amazing that the first thought I had was wishing my father could have seen a Red Sox championship, and now my son and I have seen 3 in our lifetimes.

....so far!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2016, 06:41:47 am »
Cubs & Dodgers NLCS, what do you think, fellas? Dodgers are who I wanted over the Nats. Daniel Murphy was a plague to the Cubs last year in the NLCS, so we don't have to deal with him this time around. And honestly, I was surprised the Dodgers bested the Nats...
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2016, 06:49:59 am »
Cubs & Dodgers NLCS, what do you think, fellas? Dodgers are who I wanted over the Nats. Daniel Murphy was a plague to the Cubs last year in the NLCS, so we don't have to deal with him this time around. And honestly, I was surprised the Dodgers bested the Nats...

As a Cubs fan, it's equal parts excitement and dread. Is this the year they finally do it, or the year they do it again? But I'm not a believer in stupid curses. I think they get it done.
Jon H.