Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Baseball 2016  (Read 23210 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
Re: Baseball 2016
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 07:02:03 am »
Cubs & Dodgers NLCS, what do you think, fellas? Dodgers are who I wanted over the Nats. Daniel Murphy was a plague to the Cubs last year in the NLCS, so we don't have to deal with him this time around. And honestly, I was surprised the Dodgers bested the Nats...

As a Cubs fan, it's equal parts excitement and dread. Is this the year they finally do it, or the year they do it again? But I'm not a believer in stupid curses. I think they get it done.
I concur, I think this is the year they get it done, but not without a fight from the opposition. But you never know, they could easily go into the NLCS and, like last year, look like a completely different team... seems doubtful though.
Jesse

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2016, 07:12:26 am »
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 07:15:12 am »

Cute little bugger, ain't 'e? Well, they'll shut you haters up after this year. Enough is enough. It makes no difference to you. I don't hate on any other teams, only the fans. I'm a BASEBALL fan, not just a Cubs fan. Love and appreciate all baseball and don't be a jackass. Not talking to you, specifically, Stephen, but to people that hate on the Cubs so much (particularly Cards fans; they aren't baseball fans, on the whole, they're Cardinals fans).
Jesse

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2016, 07:32:24 am »
Cute little bugger, ain't 'e? Well, they'll shut you haters up after this year. Enough is enough. It makes no difference to you. I don't hate on any other teams, only the fans. I'm a BASEBALL fan, not just a Cubs fan. Love and appreciate all baseball and don't be a jackass. Not talking to you, specifically, Stephen, but to people that hate on the Cubs so much (particularly Cards fans; they aren't baseball fans, on the whole, they're Cardinals fans).

Believe me, when my Sox are out of it, I am rooting for the Cubs.  We in New England know a thing or two about a curse.  You have to embrace your curse if you are ever going to beat it.

My only concern is with the situation in Chicago with crime lately, what will happen if and when they win?  It's getting hard to figure who the winner is when both winning and losing teams set their city on fire.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2016, 07:41:00 am »
  You have to embrace your curse if you are ever going to beat it.

Maybe so.  :)   Hey, whatever it takes !
Jon H.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 07:42:29 am »

Believe me, when my Sox are out of it, I am rooting for the Cubs.  We in New England know a thing or two about a curse.  You have to embrace your curse if you are ever going to beat it.

My only concern is with the situation in Chicago with crime lately, what will happen if and when they win?  It's getting hard to figure who the winner is when both winning and losing teams set their city on fire.
I don't think it's a matter of embracing the curse, more a matter of ignoring it and dismissing it as phony. But yeah, Chicago is going to be a madhouse if and when they win it all. Watch this sh*t get rigged, the umps will be paid off to make bad calls in the the opposing team's favor, etc... I've seriously felt that way before when the Cubs have been in the post season.
Jesse

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

I might agree with you if the story of the curse were any good, like trading Babe Ruth. But the goat story has always been idiotic. I mean really, bringing your goat to a baseball game wasn't ok in the 1880s, why he thought it would be ok in 1945 is just so stupid that I cannot believe the story has stuck.
Kyle M.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »

I might agree with you if the story of the curse were any good, like trading Babe Ruth. But the goat story has always been idiotic. I mean really, bringing your goat to a baseball game wasn't ok in the 1880s, why he thought it would be ok in 1945 is just so stupid that I cannot believe the story has stuck.
Exactly. It is rather silly of a story to have been so talked about over the years. And, seriously, guy, if your goat freakin' stinks, don't be such a little baby about it and say dumb crap like, "the Cubs, they ain't going to win no more". Ya sound like a dbag.
Jesse

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 06:01:10 am »
Ok tribe is in go cubs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 06:13:39 am »
Ok tribe is in go cubs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see the Indians back in. The Cubs have a new series now, 2 of 3 at home. Gotta take advantage and put all the curse talk to bed.
Jon H.

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 06:19:17 am »

Now why do you feel the need to call out the Cardinals fans?
We love our baseball just look at when the red Sox Bea us in 04 for their first championship.  It was a standing ovation from everyone inside Busch
Just because we actually have been successful in one sport don't hate us for it. 
Besides the way i see it "Chicago has the Cubs and St Louis had the Blues ."

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 06:29:04 am »

We love our baseball just look at when the red Sox Bea us in 04 for their first championship.  It was a standing ovation from everyone inside Busch
Just because we actually have been successful in one sport don't hate us for it. 

Speaking of Cardinals fans, where the hell has AmandaK been?

Just to clear things up, the '04 Series was not the Red Sox first championship...it was their first in 86 years though.

Come on Cubs!!!
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 06:49:36 am »

Speaking of Cardinals fans, where the hell has AmandaK been?

Just to clear things up, the '04 Series was not the Red Sox first championship...it was their first in 86 years though.

Come on Cubs!!!
You know what i meant

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »
It's all about the Tribe now anyways. Miller time rocks!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »
And the Indians got here with just under $84m salary(26 lowest out of 30)  .....compared to dodgers top salary in MLB at $227m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale