We are thrilled to once again bring you the Asheville Homebrewers Conference. The AHC is a unique event in Asheville designed to bring together some of the best minds and brewers from across the country and provide Asheville and surrounding areas with the opportunity for homebrewers to meet and learn from the best.
Speakers present throughout the day on various topics pertaining to many different aspects of brewing, and both novice and experienced brewers will benefit from the talks. Additionally, the event benefits FEAST, a local non-profit devoted to empowering youth and families to grow, prepare, and enjoy fruits and vegetables through hands-on cooking and gardening education.
During our inaugural year in 2015, some of our speakers included Chris White of White Labs Yeast, Randy Mosher of the Siebel Institute, Walt Dickinson of Wicked Weed, Mike Karnowski of Green Man and now Zebulon, and the founders of Bhramari Brewhouse.
This year, we have are delighted to present another diverse and talented lineup:
- Adam Reinke, local homebrew club extraordinaire and award-winning brewer.
- Mike Karnowski of Zebulon Artisan Ales will return after his acclaimed presentation last year and shed a little light on a "murky" subject...
- Todd Boera, the owner and brewer of Fonta Flora, a brewery specializing in using locally sourced and often unusual ingredients to create beers with true terroir.
- Michael Tonsmeire, "The Mad Fermentationist." Mike is a well-respected blogger, brewer, and author of the definitive text on modern sours, "American Sour Beers."
- Stan Hieronymus, beer journalist, and author of such books as "Brew Like a Monk," "Hops," and "Brewing with Wheat." Later this year, we'll see the release of his newest book, "Brewing Local: American Grown Beer."
This is not another beer festival. Throughout the day, attendees may responsibly enjoy beer courtesy of several local breweries, but the focus remains education, not drinking. You'll also have the opportunity to meet and pick the brains of all our speakers. We'll also have a raffle with some great prizes from some our sponsors, including Blichmann Engineering.
So join us August 13, 2016 from noon-6pm for AHC2016 to support brewing, eating well, and going local! The event will again be held at the upstairs banquet hall at the US Cellular Center.
Tickets on sale Friday, June 24th at the USCC box office or online and are $50 each, with a portion going to FEAST. The event is 21+
For more information go to: https://ashevillebrewers.com/pages/asheville-homebrewers-conference-2016