Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lets get to know each other!  (Read 32903 times)

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: Lets get to know each other!
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2009, 07:06:31 pm »
  I will be liing near there soon, and need o find a good LHBS.

:o Distances ar a bit more formidable out here :D  <---Since I can't use winking face here, I will use cheesy............um yea :D

You could make a run for the border
and hit up Richmond, just south of Franklin.

You know, that guy with the "DOMESTIC ZYMURGYLOGICAL PARAPHENALIA"

Usually folks are going the other direction
looking for beer.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »
Looks like a pretty sweet place. I could even put my hops in the home made handbags.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline traveler744

• 1st Kit
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2009, 05:41:29 pm »
Hi Brewing Rover. Yes, Beer nut is ok if I have another reason to go to the big city, I buy from them.     
 It's cheaper, and easier to online order from Northern, or Midwest. I do have trouble with yeast shipped in the summer.  You seem to know the area. There are no brew stores close to me here in Duchesne.
Where do you call home?

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2009, 07:43:41 pm »
Hi Brewing Rover. Yes, Beer nut is ok if I have another reason to go to the big city, I buy from them.     
 It's cheaper, and easier to online order from Northern, or Midwest. I do have trouble with yeast shipped in the summer.  You seem to know the area. There are no brew stores close to me here in Duchesne.
Where do you call home?

I'm near Chicago now but I grew up in Orem and lived in Salt Lake for 15 years before heading elsewhere. I used to fish with my grandfather on the Ute reservation and at Strawberry.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline summy

• Cellarman
  • Roanoke, VA
    • Star City Brewers Guild
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:34 pm »
I'm Bryan, age 41.  I live in Roanoke, VA with my wife and 2 kids.  My wife and I are both elementary school teachers here in the city, which means I have lots of time in the summer to brew :P  I have been brewing for about 6 years, all grain for the last 5.  I brew on a Brew Sculpture from Beer Beer and More Beer.  I have been the treasurer, then VP, then Prez. of our local brew club the Star City Brewers Guild.  I was also BOY 2 years consecutively before becoming Prez and ruining the quality of my beer ;).  Lastly, I spend way too much time on forums like this one reading about all things beer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:27:12 pm by summy »
Fementing:
  *Primary -
  *Lagering -

On Tap
 *BPA
 *Denny's BVIP
 *Brunch Stout

In Bottles
 *IIPA
 *RyeIPA
 *Black IPA
 *Red IPA
 *White IPA (entered an all-IPA competition)
  *Kolsch

Offline wzl46

• Cellarman
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2009, 07:43:26 am »
Paul Wetzel, 38, CH-47F pilot in the US Army.  First batches were extract brews in 1998 when I lived in Lake Charles, LA where "good" beer was Miller Lite.  Moved to Vegas in 99 where there was good beer, so no need to brew anything.  I caught the bug again 2 years ago during my previous deployment to Afghanistan, and brewed close to 120 gallons in the year I was home.  This deployment should end in a couple months or so, and I have lots of plans for lots of brews.

Tomorrow will be 19 years since my first skydive, which I did professionally for a year and a half during my break in military service.  I'm up to 3500 jumps, 2200 of which have been as a tandem instructor. 

Currently stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC and deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan.  4 1/2 years until I can retire and live off my pension and my awesome physical therapist wife's paychecks.  Such lofty goals, I know.

I mountain bike and geocache for fun.

That's all I have to say about that.
Yeast infections are only bad when they don't happen to wort.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2009, 09:44:01 am »
Welcome, Paul!  Thank you for your service and stay safe!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2009, 10:22:04 am »
Hi folks,

Ron, 44 from Dover, DE.

I started brewing extract in 1993 and went all-grain several years ago.

I am the Quality Control Group Leader at the worlds leading manufacturer of Thermal Analysis and Rheology Instruments by day and the bass player and manager for the Tri-state areas most prominent Rockin' blues band "Dr. Harmonica and Rockett 88" by night.

I have been married to my lovely wife Rosemary for 4 years. I have two somewhat grown daughters, two beautiful dogs and two frisky felines.

My other hobbies include RVing, cooking and spending way too much time on brew forums.  ;D
Ron Price

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2009, 07:51:19 pm »
I am the Quality Control Group Leader at the worlds leading manufacturer of Thermal Analysis and Rheology Instruments

I bought a new Thermal Analysis meter the other day. The first time I analyzed some thermals, the dang probe fell off. Looks like you may have been asleep at the wheel!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline central_wa_brewing

• Cellarman
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:00 pm »
Paul Wetzel, 38, CH-47F pilot.
Love those Chinooks.  You run JP-8?  Be safe over there and keep the shiny side up.....

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2009, 04:46:34 am »
I am the Quality Control Group Leader at the worlds leading manufacturer of Thermal Analysis and Rheology Instruments

I bought a new Thermal Analysis meter the other day. The first time I analyzed some thermals, the dang probe fell off. Looks like you may have been asleep at the wheel!

If your instrument looks like this then yes, we must have fell asleep at the wheel.  ;)

Ron Price

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2009, 06:11:29 am »

If your instrument looks like this then yes, we must have fell asleep at the wheel.  ;)

Maybe Im not looking hard enough but I don't see a probe anywhere on it.   ;D

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2009, 07:01:28 am »

Maybe Im not looking hard enough but I don't see a probe anywhere on it.   ;D

BINGO!  ;D
Ron Price

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2009, 07:17:14 am »
A pair of Chinooks flew over my house a while back while I was mowing...the sound was so gloriously thunderous I couldn't help but feel a twinge of what I imagine would be an almost crippling fear it would strike in the heart of those on the receiving end.

That said, I'm still rooting for the midshipmen on Saturday.    ;D

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2009, 07:40:56 am »
Without fear of admitting the color of my neck, the pace car for the November NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway was delivered by a Chinook. Landed right on the front stretch and the car drove out the bay door. Got chills. Freakin awesome!
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."