Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lets get to know each other!  (Read 32832 times)

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
Re: Lets get to know each other!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2009, 07:19:35 pm »
Hello. My name is Weaze. (but my paystubs say Barry) I'm 32. Been brewing AG for 2 years, after 3 extract batches. Been married to a great girl for 12 years now. Currently live in Ne Ohio, but have the house up for sale and will be moving to Idaho. I fabricate sheet metal, and install  furnaces and a/c. No kids, but 3 dogs.
  I don't like to take life to seriously, and try to laugh everyday.
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline tesla_hv

• Cellarman
  • Captain Conundrum
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2009, 07:23:28 pm »
Weaze, why are you moving to Idaho?
Yeast Starters: none
Primary: Piney the Conifer
Secondary: Pliny the Elder, Scottish Wee Heavy
Bottled: Undead-Guy Ale, Habanero IPA, Belgian Tripel IPA, Blind Pig, "Island Zombie" Ale, Apple/Rasp Hard Cider

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2009, 07:30:53 pm »
Going back to be with my wifes family.

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2009, 07:57:14 pm »
Hi, I'm Dean.  I'm probably as close as you'll get to meeting a jack of all-trades.  I've done just about everything at least a few times, not saying I am or was the best, just that I've done most of it and understand most of it to some degree.  I hope to continue with "my trade" because quite honestly it bores me after a while doing the same old s*** year in and year out.  I "Love" showing people "how-to" on just about anything.  It amazes me sometimes that society today has lost so much knowlege.  Yeh... you read it right.  Many people today can't even change their own door knob!!   :o  If it isn't on a computer... they can't do it.  Its funny sometimes listening to people talk about how badass they are playing games etc... they're just games but sometimes I don't think they understand the difference. 

Ha!  If Denny only started brewing 12 years ago then I've got at least one thing on him... I made my first homebrew attempt in 1979!   :D  I'm sure he can brew much better than myself and I know for a fact that he's brewed many more batches than I have but I've got that on him anyway... HA!!  Eat That Denny!   ;)  ;D

Offline dimik

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2009, 08:09:54 pm »
Hey yall.
My name is Dmitri. I'm 23. Haven't been brewing for very long, but seem to improve with every batch, or maybe I'm just thinking that. Want to go all-grain, but the lack of space prevents me from it. I actually have to store my brew under my bed... yeah. Thus I must wait until we move somewhere more spacious. Live in Brooklyn, New York City, working on my double degree in Pharmaceutical Science and Biotechnology while working as a waiter in a wedding hall and other filthy dumps. Single, no children, but have the best cat in the world and absolutely LOATHE dogs.
Reader (lowest order of clergy - reading/chanting is what I do) in church, and also make beeswax candles. Compiled a liturgic "guide" in slavonic, making it possible to know what to chant during all-night vigil without going to school for 3 years and constantly shuffling about 5 books. Working on the next, fuller edition.
I've traveled to something like 13 or 15 countries, favorite of which were probably Serbia and Alaska (USA, but still, it's incredible).
Fluent in two languages, able to read in three.
Not the nicest of people, but there are times :)
That's about it, nothing really interesting to say about myself.
Check out BKYeast for my yeast ranching adventures and home lab!

Primary: Braggot, Petite Saison, Porter, Herbal IPA

On Tap: RyeIPA

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2009, 08:11:07 pm »
I hope you stop here on your way through!
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline KING__SIZE

• Cellarman
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
Name: Danny
Current Base of Operations: NJ
Homebrew Club: WHALES (Woodbridge Homebrewers)
Happily married to my best friend Andrea for the past 7 years, no kids but we do have a smelly pointer mix named Zeke, and two cats: Guinness and Schafchen.
Brew Rig: Low tech 5 gallon bucket falsebottom mashtun, 10 gallon pot, turkey fryer. Beer tastes great, so I'm doing something right.
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” Alexander Graham Bell

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:08 pm »
Hello All!

My name is Ruben. I am 32 years old, I have a 2.5 year old son with my wife of 7 years.  I work
for United Airlines. I've been a Customer Service Rep for 12 years. I have circumnavigated the
Earth once, creating a new sport in the process. Started in Denver and went west. 19,288 miles,
6 cities and 6 countries later I landed in Denver from Washington's Dulles. How is it a sport you
ask? I did it in 8 days.  :o
The amazing race is too slow.  I love to travel.

I have been brewing for about 6 years AG for 4. I love the process, I love the outcome.
Love the new board. Cheers.    ;D

I'll drive up to join you to! I am only a state away.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:45:41 pm by rabid_dingo »
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline k4df4l

• Cellarman
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 06:01:53 am »
Name: Dylan
I bought my starter kit back in '91 or '92 and brewed several can kits with marginal to "average at best" results.  Took a break for several years and picked the hobby back up with a vengeance a handful of years ago when I struck on all the fantastic information available about brewing on the Internet.  Been AG for the past 3 years and I'm still using most of the gear from that original starter kit....talk about a good investment of 75 bucks!  Currently using a 10g round cooler w/ bazooka tube, turkey fryer setup w/ a number of carboys.  I have a two tap fridge and still bottle some batches.  Looking forward to trying my hand at some lagers this winter.  I live in a great area for craft beer and find plenty of inspiration for my own brewing.

Outside of brewing, I'm married (three months!) w/ no kids and enjoy cooking, playing guitar, woodworking, photography, etc...

Offline lonnie mac

• Assistant Brewer
    • Alenuts
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:01 am »
Im Lonnie (Mac) McAllister
Serial marrier. Currently going on 7 years with Moonbeam (my last!)
Brewer, musician (Ha!)
Most of my life in the space bizness, here at JSC.
I help to build the Boeing 787 in real life now...

Been brewing since around 98'. Fell in love with a porter at the Fredericksburg Brewery here in Tx and said to myself, I can make this stuff! Through several iterations of homemade breweries, and MANY MANY great friends along the way in just about every forum out there, it has all cumulated into Brutus Ten, my current brewery.

Glad to be here! I have been waiting for a great AHA forum to hang my hat in and settle down!

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 03:09:46 pm »
I'm Greg, almost 47, and I'm a business librarian at a Major Research University in Chicago. In former days, I was a letter carrier and line cook. I live in the 'burbs and commute from a train station that adjoins the 2006 GABF small brewpub of the year. I married later in life so no kids but one geriatric cat.

I'm coming up on my fourth anniversary of homebrewing and have slowly worked my way from extract to partial mash to all grain. In a blue cooler, of course.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 05:26:03 pm »

I'll drive up to join you to! I am only a state away.

Wow! This could mean yet one more state to add to the list o states I'm not welcome in.

Offline uisgue

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 08:42:51 pm »
  My name is Doug.  I've been homebrewing on my own for about three years now.  I did do an assist with a friend and a couple of brew-on-premises batches in the mid 90's though.  I am currently doing all grain batches using Denny's C & E Batch Sparge method.  Just now trying to get into some of the more technical aspects like water chemistry (well, trying to learn).  I started homebrewing in Eugene, Oregon and I am still a member of Eugene's Cascade Brewers Society, but now I live in Brookings, Oregon, just north of the California border.  As a matter of fact, I work in California (delivering propane to residential and commercial accounts). 

Doug Hickey
Crescent City, CA
Symposia Brew Corps

boulderbrewer

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »
I'm Marc,

I have  been brewing since my wife purchased a kit for me in 1996. Actually I started in 1979 with my dad, but that is another story. I have two stepsons, one is in his late twenty's and he really enjoys my home brew. The other son will always be 15 and will never have the chance to enjoy a good hombrew. We have a small hobby farm in N. Wisconsin and enjoy the cold weather. LOL I brew all grain the Cheap & Easy way. My motto is Pay It Forward or is it Cheap and Easy. ???

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 10:38:40 pm »
Hi, My name is Tom. I have been homebrewing off and on since my fiancee bought me a kit years ago. She proudly presented it to me in front of my teetotalling Grandmother - had to marry her, coming up on 20 years now. My first batch was brewed on January 1, 1990. So I have to come up with a killer recipe for the 20th year of brewing. I am thinking of a doble-doble mash barleywine. My brew system is 3 converted kegs on 3 propane burners. Hopefully to be converted to natural gas soon. I love fermenting in 5 gallon cornies. I am a member of the Foam On The Range homebrew club and I am a BJCP judge.
We live in Denver (tough, I know) with a spoiled beagle. If you see a beagle at the Falling Rock Tap House you know we're there. No kids that I know of. Like to bike when not brewing. I do eye surgery to support my brewing habit.
Some of the greatest people I know are homebrewers.
P.S. I can't believe Rick has been brewing for only 4 years. He makes some killer beers.
Brew on