Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Lets get to know each other!  (Read 32834 times)

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
Re: Lets get to know each other!
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 08:42:56 pm »
    I just try to find humor in everybody and everything. It's there if you look just right.

That's an attitude that needs to be more widely embraced.

And people give me a hard time for reading and laughing at the Sunday Comics...I have laugh induced asthma.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline central_wa_brewing

• Cellarman
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »
Sometimes my name is Jack@ss or whatever comes quickly out of peoples mouths when they have to scream through frustration :D
Not married(yet) but engaged to a wonderful woman who lets my "geek out" at times when it comes to beer.  Have one son who is 5 (Jack Russell Terrier).
I work for the government pushing billions of gallons of jet fuel and am a Certified Flight Instructor.
Been brewing now for over ten years.  I have a sick obsession with hops but I don't mind it.  ;D

Offline uthristy

• Brewer
  • Hot & sticky Fla.
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 01:41:29 pm »
sex:male
married
job: adult entertainment
hobbies: beer travel

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2009, 02:51:47 pm »
Hello Dere...

Sales-Currently Telco Loves to network since i have sold a bit of everything.

Male, Married
Wheaton, IL after 15 years of urban debachery
2 kids 3 and 5 months
Brewing 15 months, All Grain for about 9 months

10 Gallon System with Keggle HLT and BK. 
Next Upgrades Kegging (or bust!) beer stand

Other hobbies:  Cubs, MSU Football and Basketball, Mountain Biking, Canoeing, Camping, Home Improvement, Jerry Rigging.

Offline darkerpower

• Cellarman
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2009, 01:01:21 pm »
Paul, unmarried but I have a girlfriend, 24.  I've been brewing for almost 3 years now and see no signs of slowing down anytime soon.  Currently finishing my molecular and cellular bio degree, then its back to the workforce for me. 

Kegging was the best money I ever spent, although i'm bottling tonight. 

My friends refer to me as "the beer baron" as a reference to the simpsons episode "Homer vs. the 18th amendment".  For those of you who aren't simpsons nerds like I am, prohibition occurs in springfield and homer begins a profitable business of making his own booze. 

Most importantly i use a blue cooler. 
"yesterday I was so desperate for a beer that I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers"- Homer Simpson.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2009, 01:12:15 pm »

It's good to know you;re making spectacular beer.  Blue coolers have been known to give 137% efficiency.  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Robert

• Assistant Brewer
  • Arlington, TX
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 01:30:52 pm »
...For those of you who aren't simpsons nerds like I am...

There's such people in the world?!?

I like the Tomacco episode as well as the Flaming Moe's one since we're on the topic of booze and Simpsons.
"In three things is a man revealed: in his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."

Offline darkerpower

• Cellarman
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 01:38:42 pm »

It's good to know you;re making spectacular beer.  Blue coolers have been known to give 137% efficiency.  ;)

Denny, your vbip has turned all my friends into beer ninjas.  I had 5 messages this week asking when I was brewing it again!  
"yesterday I was so desperate for a beer that I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers"- Homer Simpson.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »
Cool!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2009, 02:17:35 pm »
39, married with a four year old and one on the way.
i've been brewing for less than a year, but have been into craft beer since the mid 90's.
i work in insurance and dabble in investment property on the side.

currently brewing extract, but i'm about to switch to all grain for the cost savings and the extra control over the finished product.

peace
j
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2009, 02:26:38 pm »
Naturally, my MT is Blue as well.  i have heard any other color causes stuck fermentation. :P

brewboy

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:18 pm »
I painted mine red and my efficiency jumped 10 points.

redbrew

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2009, 08:03:58 am »
My name is Dale Randolph and I have been homebrewing for about 7 years. I was active duty USAF for 10 years and went to work for McDonnel Douglas in Saudi Arabia in 1993. Have been working as a contractor for the USAF at Bagram since 2008. Have a son who is 21 and USAF, stationed in Arizona and twin daughters 14. Been married to third  wife 15 months. Other hobbies include golf and restoring musclecars when I get a chance. FWIW......I used to drive truck for Coors distributing out of Spokane Washington before I got hired by Mac.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 08:05:35 am by redbrew »

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2009, 05:48:16 pm »

I still remember the day I discovered that. I can make a batch of Imperial Porter for under 5$ with numbers such as these. (You have to boil in SS to get proper hop utilization though. It's a little kept secret, you can 25 IBU from one hop pellet, in you use SS)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline Push Eject

• 1st Kit
    • Wortomatic, the homebrewing gadget website
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2009, 08:40:52 pm »

I still remember the day I discovered that. I can make a batch of Imperial Porter for under 5$ with numbers such as these. (You have to boil in SS to get proper hop utilization though. It's a little kept secret, you can 25 IBU from one hop pellet, in you use SS)

It's this kind of misinformation that will drive people away from this forum, guys. Seriously!

Everyone knows it takes at least 2 hop pellets in Stainless Steel.  One is for aluminum.

Push E.