Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hibiscus Gose  (Read 15631 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Hibiscus Gose
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 02:43:20 pm »
I've not noticed much if any airlock activity or even a drop in gravity with the Lacto, at the lower temp it might take a few days for the pH to drop, a pH of about 4 is a really nice place to be for a tart Gose.

Yeah it seems like some people have activity and some do not.

Just needed a little patience. Just before the 24 hour mark, activity was visible---thin krausen on the top, bubbling, etc. Oddly enough around 75-80 degrees.

I actually split boil volume into two carboys (fermenter not big enough for boil volume). pH in one is around 3.8 and the second one is at 4. Going to combine the two again and boil this tomorrow.

Looking for a pH of 3.6 or 3.7 so hopefully it stays above 3.5! Thanks for the help!
Sounds good, I'm sure it will turn out great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Jivy26

• 1st Kit
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 08:35:43 pm »
Looking to follow your second iteration recipe for my first ever attempt at a Gose. Did you do a full 60 min boil after the souring? Also once you pitched the 1007 did you treat it like a lager and ferment around 50-55 then diacytl rest followed by a full lagering phase?

I'm still new to gose so trying to get your practices for this. Thanks and great looking brew!

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2016, 01:17:58 pm »
Looking to follow your second iteration recipe for my first ever attempt at a Gose. Did you do a full 60 min boil after the souring? Also once you pitched the 1007 did you treat it like a lager and ferment around 50-55 then diacytl rest followed by a full lagering phase?

I'm still new to gose so trying to get your practices for this. Thanks and great looking brew!
Sorry, just saw this, yes, traditional boil and fermented like a lager for a nice crisp Gose

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010