Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Flower mead fermentation temp  (Read 2267 times)

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
Flower mead fermentation temp
« on: August 16, 2016, 04:58:06 pm »
I was wondering if my stand up fridge that only hits about 52° is too cold to use as fermentation box? Or should I use my crawl space, closer to 60ish?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
Re: Flower mead fermentation temp
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 08:02:13 pm »
I would say 60ish. What yeast strain are you using? I use Lalvin 71-B and low to mid 60's seems just right.

Dan Chisholm

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
Re: Flower mead fermentation temp
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
Thanks I actually figured out my fridge. It's old with a dail that doesn't work well. The yeast is wlp720
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.