Im poor
1 (4.5%)
Hell yes!
13 (59.1%)
Getting wasted!
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 18, 2016, 01:42:41 pm

Author Topic: Great American Beer Festival Denver---Presale Tickets  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Great American Beer Festival Denver---Presale Tickets
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:52 am »
Just joined ABA. Can't find Link to buy presale txt on Aug 1st. Any help?
The code was sent via email to people that were members on or before 7/24/16

Offline Kochhandwerk

• Cellarman
    • koch.technology
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 10:07:50 am »
Overpriced chaos in my opinion but it's right in my backyard. I could see it as a fun reason to travel.

That's what I've heard, but I live in Uptown and I'll try anything once (or 6 times). Just got my ladyfriend and I tickets for the Friday evening session.

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 10:13:41 am »
I haven't been able to get any. Every time it just says it can't process my request. Started trying at 10:00am exactly.
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 10:43:00 am »
Now it will finally process but says there are no tickets available for the session I want. SCREW YOU TICKETMASTER !  >:(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 12:59:23 pm by snowtiger87 »
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank
Member of KROC and Foam on the Range

Fermenting: Double IPA
Conditioning: Saison du Potiron
On tap: Cider, Cream Ale, Bock, Rye Dunkel Doppelbock, Celebration Clone, Imperial Stout

Offline twang

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 10:59:57 am »
Don't give up.  The way ticketmaster works is that they take up the allocation and people have tix in their cart.  When they give them up or credit cards have failures, they spit them back in.  Although it's an hour in already, and the chances diminish, try for another 30 or so.  I have pulled tickets for things 30 minutes after they supposedly "sold out."  and if all else fails, there's still public onsale tomorrow.  Good luck!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2016, 11:30:58 am »
Of course you could always pay $300 plus for tickets already listed on Ebay.  I wish there was a way the AHA could find these people and revoke their membership.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Kochhandwerk

• Cellarman
    • koch.technology
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2016, 01:59:50 pm »
Of course you could always pay $300 plus for tickets already listed on Ebay.  I wish there was a way the AHA could find these people and revoke their membership.

Yeah, that's messed up. I just joined the AHA this summer so I'm not familiar with the overall governing of it, but that's a worthy regulation to put on the books. AHA is a resource for us to become better homebrewers, not to help us line our wallets.  Though maybe these folks really want some Blichmann equipment and are getting desperate  :P

Offline lonepeakhomebrewery

• 1st Kit
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2016, 08:21:13 pm »

The BA really does not care (it is their event not the AHA). I had some discussions with Gary Glass about this issue a while back suggesting that if the event is for members only then require members to show membership cards. That works for the AHA as we get membership cards but not BA because they do not issue membership cards because they are brewery based. However, one would think that a BA member attending the GABF they could be given a credential. But as I say the BA does not care.