Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cold brew on a large scale  (Read 2351 times)

Offline ANDREW.GROGAN1

• Assistant Brewer
Cold brew on a large scale
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:44:56 am »
Does anyone have  any experience making cold brew on a large scale...say 5 gallons?  I think the commercial places around me use home brew kettles to make their batches but I'm not sure how.   

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
Re: Cold brew on a large scale
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:16:07 am »
No idea, I guess 6 of those in parallel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INHsc_Y07BY
Love his beard!
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 11:35:06 am »
That's awesome! I would love to get one of those! It would be a great show piece in the kitchen also.
  To the original question. I don't have any experience making that much cold brew at once. Would be interesting though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:50:42 am »
Check out the Filtron Pro. http://www.filtron.com/

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 07:25:39 am »
A friend who owns the local country store makes it with a sock similar to a mesh grain bag except with, I imagine since I haven't actually seen it, a finer mesh. He makes it in a food grade bucket. He says its a bit of a pain, but it works and their iced coffee tastes great.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »
A friend who owns the local country store makes it with a sock similar to a mesh grain bag except with, I imagine since I haven't actually seen it, a finer mesh. He makes it in a food grade bucket. He says its a bit of a pain, but it works and their iced coffee tastes great.

I do it that way, it is a pain, but I only make a coffee stout once a year. I use a grain bag then I filter it again through Butter muslin. Everyday coffee I use the small filtron.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »
Oakshire, where I do tours, converted a hopback into a cold brew espresso maker.  90 lb. organic espresso beans and 60 gal. of water yields 50 gal. of cold brewed espresso.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell