Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Perlick faucets tap handle angles  (Read 1759 times)

Offline sdevries42

• Cellarman
Perlick faucets tap handle angles
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:33:17 pm »
I recently installed 3 perlick faucets on my bar. I was really excited about them until I realized the angles the tap handles sit on the faucets cause the handles to hit the back splash when I close the tap. I'm hoping to learn of some way to adjust the angle the tap handles sit on the faucets so that they sit more forward in the closed position and don't hit the back wall but am gearing I may have to go back to the standard faucet to correct this.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Perlick faucets tap handle angles
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 08:43:15 pm »
Angle ferrules do exist. Check chi company.

Offline TrippleRippleBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Perlick faucets tap handle angles
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »
I recently installed 3 perlick faucets on my bar. I was really excited about them until I realized the angles the tap handles sit on the faucets cause the handles to hit the back splash when I close the tap. I'm hoping to learn of some way to adjust the angle the tap handles sit on the faucets so that they sit more forward in the closed position and don't hit the back wall but am gearing I may have to go back to the standard faucet to correct this.

Hey I have the same issue with perlicks in my kegerator. I use short handles for now, but I am looking into making or finding spacers to put behind the black plastic flange which is 2.25 inches OD and about 1 inch ID. Some kind of aluminum pipe sections or plastic of some sort should work and also set the faucet away from the door for easier pouring too.
The angled faucet handle adapters would work too, but add more length from the looks of it.
I turn some of my own handles on a lathe and make them from cool things like old golf balls etc.