Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Yondering  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
Yondering
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:24:19 pm »
  I'm fixin to do some windshield time in the northwesternmost 4 state area, leaving tomorrow, and haven't had much luck finding coherent, concise printable lists of craft breweries in Montana and Washington, any suggestions? I'm good for Idaho and Oregon.
   Thanx
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline jweiss206

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Yondering
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:28:28 am »

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:47:50 am »
What route are you taking?  I may be able to highlight some for you.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 05:56:03 pm »
   Right now I'm in Bend for a day or three, after that I don't know for sure where I'm headed, probably north-ish and east, probably through northern Washington and Montana.
   Unfortunately all I have access to is a motel total POS computer that was archaic before electricity was harnessed so I am unable to open thus links - which looked like they would have been very helpful.
   If you're planning your own beer tour don't put any faith in the info on brewery-list.com as it is hopelessly outdated.
   Thanks for the assist guys.
I spent most of my money on beer, tools and guns, the rest I foolishly squandered on stupid stuff!

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 07:57:36 am »
It may be too late -  I've been away from the computer for a couple of days.  If it is not, can you be more specific about your route?  There are some really good breweries to highlight for you, but not if they are 100 miles out of the way.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 08:37:47 am »
   I haven't decided the route yet, I'm gonna do some map planning before I leave Bend this morning butat the moment I'm leaning towards going up to see the west side of St. Helens. Where after that is wherever the road takes me.
   FWIW, if you can get past the insanely arranged street layout this is one hell of a place for a beer tour. At last count I did 16 [I think] breweries in a day and a half - all on foot.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 07:47:23 pm »
   I haven't decided the route yet, I'm gonna do some map planning before I leave Bend this morning butat the moment I'm leaning towards going up to see the west side of St. Helens. Where after that is wherever the road takes me.
   FWIW, if you can get past the insanely arranged street layout this is one hell of a place for a beer tour. At last count I did 16 [I think] breweries in a day and a half - all on foot.

I haven't been down there in 10 years or so.  I need to do that.

It sounds like you may get into the Yakima area.  If you do, definitely stop at Bale Breaker Brewing which is just a mile off of Hwy 82.  Downtown Yakima is the Yakima Craft tap room (which serves a decent dinner), and just off of Yakima Ave is Hop Nation Brewing and Berchman's Brewery taproom.  Bale Breaker is not within walking distance of downtown but the others are right there.

If you do end up in Yakima, PM me in advance for my phone number and I will meet with you for a pint if I can!  Love to meet people from the forum.  Also if you are interested I can organize a tour of the BSG hop pelletizing facility as well.  I am there for a couple of days training the new lab tech.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 08:26:22 am »
   Damn, I should have checked this last night before I headed to the taproom. I am in Yakima and visite YCB and Hop Nation. One of the beertenders at YCB said I could probably arrange for a tour of the brewery today, which I'm gonna try to do. I was planning on leaving town today, but that isn't set in stone, I would be very interested in touring the hop facility, and having a pint or three with you if we can get together. I'm a dinosaur and don't have text, I don't know if it's against forum policy to put my phone number on here. If you read this today let me know and I'll book the hotel for another night.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 09:36:48 am »
   Damn, I should have checked this last night before I headed to the taproom. I am in Yakima and visite YCB and Hop Nation. One of the beertenders at YCB said I could probably arrange for a tour of the brewery today, which I'm gonna try to do. I was planning on leaving town today, but that isn't set in stone, I would be very interested in touring the hop facility, and having a pint or three with you if we can get together. I'm a dinosaur and don't have text, I don't know if it's against forum policy to put my phone number on here. If you read this today let me know and I'll book the hotel for another night.
Use the message function above to message Steve with your number.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 10:07:31 am »
I could meet you during the day today.  As it turns out we are babysitting the grandkids tonight so not available too long.  So if it works out, I could meet you around noon for a pint then head to BSG for a tour - it is 30 minutes South of Yakima, so the whole trip would take maybe 1.5-2 hours.

Let me know so I can get rolling on some other to-do's.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline Visor

• Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
I could meet you during the day today.  As it turns out we are babysitting the grandkids tonight so not available too long.  So if it works out, I could meet you around noon for a pint then head to BSG for a tour - it is 30 minutes South of Yakima, so the whole trip would take maybe 1.5-2 hours.

Let me know so I can get rolling on some other to-do's.
  I have a brewery tour at YCB set up at 11:00, after that I can meet you if that works for you.
  I won't have access to the web after I check out of the motel here so I'll just give you my phone number and you can call me so we can make arrangements.  Hopefully that is allowed on the forum.
  Hope to here from you, and thanks;
  Visor
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:52:52 am by Visor »