Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brew Pubs near DFW  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Pcmax

• 1st Kit
Brew Pubs near DFW
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:47:06 am »
I will be travelling to Dallas next month staying near Dallas Fort Worth airport. Can anyone recommend any good brew pubs near there? Also any good recommendations for home brew stores.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Brew Pubs near DFW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 08:11:38 am »
DFW Airport area is nothing but feeeways, corporate campuses, light industrial, and frontage road strip malls. You won't find much beyond chains.

You'll find a BJs and Humperdinks within a short drive. Dallas Homebrew is on I35E. There is another shop called Dr Jekyll's out in Arlington, but I have neve been there.

Dallas is blowing up when it comes to beer, just not with brewpubs. If you want to go to brewery tasting rooms, the Design District would get you the most bang for your buck in one area. Community and Peticolas are two of my three favs in Dallas, and they are less than a five minute drive from one another.

I would recommend trying to get out and away from the airport. Brain dead brewing is the only non-chain brew pub that I know of. It's in Deep Ellum, maybe a 20min drive from the airport with minimal toll depending on where you are staying. You might be able to hop light rail out there as well.

If you want restaurants with large beer selections, Meddlesome Moth is good but very pricy and Flying Saucer is cheaper. Flying saucer gives AHA 25% off food, but check the menu for the individual location as the selection does vary.

If you keep to local craft centric bars, you will be mostly drinking Texas breweries. Larger chains will have some Texas beers.

Offline BrewBama

Brew Pubs near DFW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:51:57 pm »
http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/best-craft-beer-bars/

I like Rahr & Sons Brewing Co.

"The Fort Worth brewery is open Wednesdays from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. with a guided tours starting an hour after opening. $10 ticket (folks under 18 are free) gets you a pint glass and three free samples. Restaurants, local artists, and sometimes local bakeries will be in attendance. Specialty beers will be on tap on Wednesdays. Ugly Pug is a perennial favorite, and the seasonal Iron Thistle Scotch ale is also worth a try."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:09:12 pm by BrewBama »

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Brew Pubs near DFW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 08:26:35 am »
If getting into Dallas is too far and you're staying on the south side of the airport then you could also go into Arlington (mid-sized city south of the airport) where there is a brewpub--Humperdinks--as well as two relatively new breweries that are fairly close to each other (Division Brewing and Legal Draft). There's also a new beer place in Euless (suburb on the southwest corner of the airport) close to the airport with a lot of taps and bottles. Not really what you want but it's at least an option if you're stuck in that area. (BrĂ¼ City)

There is a brewpub extremely close to the airport on the north side in the Bass Pro shop (Uncle Buck's) which recently started brewing beer again. What little I've heard about the new brewing operation is encouraging but I've only heard from a few people and it's in a Bass Pro, so caveat emptor on that suggestion.

Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing