Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Location of Grain Storage  (Read 3115 times)

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
Re: Location of Grain Storage
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 11:23:59 am »
I am having the same venting setup that theelectricbrewery.com has, approximately.

6' x 2.5' condensate hood with a  450CFM variable fan, ducting through the attic and slopping down to vent out the soffit. I've not heard many complaints about the setup, hopefully that holds true for me.

Wow, very nice, Paul.

+1;  Now THAT is a vent! 
Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 11:36:02 am »
I store my grain in the same room I brew.  I also mill in the same area.  My woodworking shop doubles as my brew house so I just turn on the whole room dust filter while I measure and grind the grain.  I also put a 4" dust collection port on my mill table and connect my 2 stage dust collector to it while running the mill.  As you might imagine I don't see much grain dust.   ;D

Now if I could just get the system to collect the saw dust and wood chips as well as it gets the grain dust, I'd be set.   ???

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
I haven't had issues with brewing and milling in same room.  I do not do both, particularly the cooling of wort,  simultaneously which is not necessarily the case for commercial breweries.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 12:55:27 pm »
I haven't had issues with brewing and milling in same room.  I do not do both, particularly the cooling of wort,  simultaneously which is not necessarily the case for commercial breweries.

Yes, and the key word here is "simultaneously."