Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dedicated home-brew supply store?  (Read 3346 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Dedicated home-brew supply store?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 04:27:12 pm »
Mine is owned by a friend, GrowMasters@gmail.com, about 25 minutes from my house, super knowledgeable staff, great supply of all ingredients and hardware from kits to advanced brewing, homebrew on tap to sample and they also do gardening and hydroponic systems. Great ace to hang out and great place to shop. They also have a reward/loyalty program for great discounts on everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »
I think that 500k estimate was just an estimate based on number of home brewers in Gen pop. Add to that equation the likelihood of each or any of the local home brewers making monthly purchases, volume of purchases by those that do come in, etc. Mainly a rough guestimate to be on the safe side. It can certainly be done with lower population numbers as long as quantity of brewers in the population is higher than normal. Just the way I remember, no quotes here, just my memory.
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »
I agree with Jeff - it's great to get your name called when you walk in the door (especially when I am with one of my neighbors who homebrew much less than me....)  But, I gotta run.  My LHBS called and my oak smoked wheat malt is in - time to brew my first Grodziskie tomorrow!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"