Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vancouver, WA  (Read 1795 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Vancouver, WA
« on: August 02, 2016, 10:42:45 am »
I'm going to be in Vancouver, WA this Friday on a motorcycle trip.  I'm familiar with Portland offerings, but not Vancouver.  We're looking for a spot with good food AND good beer.  Any suggestions?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
Re: Vancouver, WA
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 11:55:32 am »
Not in Vancouver, but down the road (Hood River, OR) is Double Mountain, one of my favorites
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 02:02:19 pm »
I agree.  They are one of my favorites also.  We will be on the Washington side of the river though - it is a much better motorcycle road.  There are also several good breweries on the Washington bank: Walking Man, Backwoods, etc.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 04:02:49 pm »
There are several good ones near downtown: Looit is near Esther Short park. Trusty brewing is a couple of blocks away, as is Mt. Tabor. Trap Door is several blocks up Main St from downtown. Railside is a bit north in Hazel Dell (Hazel Dell Ave. and 74th) less than a mile from my house. I haven't had any of their food offerings, but the beer is good.
If you put your trip off a week you'd be here for the Vancouver Beerfest.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline galapagos jim

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 12:05:32 am »
This might be helpful if you find yourself east of Vancouver (Camas, Washougal, etc.)
http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/07/take_a_beer_tour_on_washington.html

I can vouch for at least Amnesia. Doomsday and Mill Werks were still young the last time I visited (~2 years) and a bit rough around the edges, but hopefully have matured since then.