Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Imperial Yeast - G03 Dieter  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Imperial Yeast - G03 Dieter
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:49:47 am »
Going to try G03 Dieter this weekend. From the description, it sounds like this is closer to WLP029 vs WY2565. The employee at the LHBS thought the same but also didn't seem like he knew. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Dieter is a clean, crisp, traditional German Kölsch strain. A very low ester profile makes this strain perfect for Kölsch, Alt and other light colored delicate beers. Dieter has better flocculation characteristics than most Kölsch strains which allows brewers to produce clean, bright beers in a shorter amount of time.

Temp: 60-69F, 16-20C // Flocculation: Medium // Attenuation: 73-77%
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Imperial Yeast - G03 Dieter
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 10:08:51 am »
Never used it, but the description and flocculation rating seem much more like 029 than 2565 which (being powdery) definitely doesn't show medium flocculation. I've heard good things about the Imperial - Denny said it was started by a couple guys from Wyeast. I'm planning to use one of their saison strains soon. Go for it!
Jon H.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:17:04 am »
Never used it, but the description and flocculation rating seem much more like 029 than 2565 which (being powdery) definitely doesn't show medium flocculation. I've heard good things about the Imperial - Denny said it was started by a couple guys from Wyeast. I'm planning to use one of their saison strains soon. Go for it!

My buddy just used Napoleon I think on a saison. Very much like 3711 from what I can tell.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:31:30 am »
I just wish it was easier to get their full selection. MoreBeer carries a small selection, seven bridges carries some too, but between the two I'm still missing strains. Maybe they should sell direct with reasonable shipping rates while they build their brand.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 10:34:01 am »
I just wish it was easier to get their full selection. MoreBeer carries a small selection, seven bridges carries some too, but between the two I'm still missing strains. Maybe they should sell direct with reasonable shipping rates while they build their brand.

That would be nice. I've found the same - a few strains @ my LHBS, a few different ones elsewhere.
Jon H.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 10:40:38 am »

My LHBS seems to carry everything. I was surprised to see that.