Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hi guys, going commercial soon, would love some feedback on these 3 quick questions!  (Read 3883 times)

Offline DRbcTD

• 1st Kit
Hey all, if you have 20 seconds to answer these 3 questions on the Irish beer market it would be much appreciated!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LL9PBMT

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Irish beer styles is something I am not very familiar with but I'm not a fan of Irish reds and I like Irish Stouts only seasonally. I really like the idea of specializing in a certain genre and at my Brewery that is exactly the approach we take. That said, you don't want to limit yourself (eg: We specialize in German style lagers AND Belgian Ales) so consider adding in Scottish ales as well to broaden your spectrum.

Offline DRbcTD

• 1st Kit
Irish beer styles is something I am not very familiar with but I'm not a fan of Irish reds and I like Irish Stouts only seasonally. I really like the idea of specializing in a certain genre and at my Brewery that is exactly the approach we take. That said, you don't want to limit yourself (eg: We specialize in German style lagers AND Belgian Ales) so consider adding in Scottish ales as well to broaden your spectrum.
Thanks for the input! I agree, I feel it's good to do fewer styles but do them right! That's why I want to focus on one or two styles to begin!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Yes go after you demographic, but you should be able to produce a good beer in any style. I have heard lots of times "you do lagers, a lot of places do only ales". It creates excitement for patrons.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:46:23 pm by boulderbrewer »