Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Have you downloaded the new Brew Guru app?  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
Have you downloaded the new Brew Guru app?
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:43:09 am »
Hey All,

A couple of weeks ago, the AHA launched our new Brew Guru app aimed at making it easier for AHA members to access their benefits, particularly AHA Member Deals, as well as to introduce new members to the AHA via 15 day free trials accessible via the app.

We've to more info here: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/brew-guru/.

This first launch is just the beginning as we have plans for adding more content, such as audio for Homebrew Con seminar recordings, Zymurgy Live recordings, and videos.  The initial launch was just within the US, but a new version that will be available worldwide is in the works and should be available within a month or two.

The app does not perform well on some older devices.  Here are the device requirements – Phone: 5/s iOS8, 6/+ iOS9, 6s/s+ iOS9 / iPad: 4 iOS8, Air/2 iOS9, Mini 3/4 iOS9 / Google Nexus 7, Android 4.4+ / Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 5+ / Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Android 5+

We'd love to get your feedback!
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Have you downloaded the new Brew Guru app?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:57:47 am »
Downloaded to my Droid, Susan to her iPhone. Slick app! We will use it on our travels.

We have not bothered in Deutschland, though.  8)
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:00:07 am »
I like it so far. One issue I have seen is bad or out of date data on the map. One instance is a brewery that no longer exists and another is correct address but bad placement. Adding a workflow to report these issues in app would be helpful

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:09:32 am »
I like it so far. One issue I have seen is bad or out of date data on the map. One instance is a brewery that no longer exists and another is correct address but bad placement. Adding a workflow to report these issues in app would be helpful

I like it too, so far. That's the only issue I've noticed. I like being able to see the member discounts at a glance.
Jon H.

Offline wmbolling

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 09:50:34 am »

Thanks for the tip! With so many participants in the program - it can be challenging to stay up-to-date on every Member Deal. Which breweries are you referring to? I'll take a look at them and update accordingly. Thanks!
Matt Bolling

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 10:03:01 am »

Thanks for the tip! With so many participants in the program - it can be challenging to stay up-to-date on every Member Deal. Which breweries are you referring to? I'll take a look at them and update accordingly. Thanks!

Thanks Matt.

Yes, we are aware of that issue.  The Brewers Association database is immense, so not surprising that there are some incorrect listings.  We're working on a streamlined process for reporting issues with the locations listed on the map.  In the interim, you can PM wmbolling, AKA Matt Bolling, AHA Events & Membership Coordinator.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 10:36:24 am »
Sent