Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Why no home brew TV shows?  (Read 6289 times)

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Why no home brew TV shows?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2016, 05:52:17 am »
Maybe a miniseries drama - say a garage band (led by a hippie, retired older guy who plays ukulele) that are also Homebrewers in a SOCal Homebrew club founding a small brewpub and battling to get shelf space for distribution of their beers while also dealing with negotiating with Big Brew to sponsor their summer music tour, only to be required to sell out the brew pub beers as a condition of the music sponsorship....now that might work!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 09:49:59 am »
Maybe a miniseries drama - say a garage band (led by a hippie, retired older guy who plays ukulele) that are also Homebrewers in a SOCal Homebrew club founding a small brewpub and battling to get shelf space for distribution of their beers while also dealing with negotiating with Big Brew to sponsor their summer music tour, only to be required to sell out the brew pub beers as a condition of the music sponsorship....now that might work!

I think with a star like that, it's a shoe in!  :)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 03:56:54 pm »
a garage band (led by a hippie, retired older guy who plays ukulele) that are also Homebrewers in a SOCal Homebrew club founding a small brewpub and battling to get shelf space for distribution of their beers while also dealing with negotiating with Big Brew to sponsor their summer music tour, only to be required to sell out the brew pub beers as a condition of the music sponsorship.

Say that three times fast.  ::)
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 04:00:57 pm »

That's pretty funny. For a little extra drama, we could have Keith as the 'hippie's' wisecracking local competition. :)
Jon H.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 04:43:44 pm »

That's pretty funny. For a little extra drama, we could have Keith as the 'hippie's' wisecracking local competition. :). Excellent addition.  This is getting close to being ready to pitch to a network.  I've seen worse.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 04:48:07 pm »

That's pretty funny. For a little extra drama, we could have Keith as the 'hippie's' wisecracking local competition. :). Excellent addition.  This is getting close to being ready to pitch to a network.  I've seen worse.

It'd be better than most of the stuff that passes for good TV any day.
Jon H.