Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Introducing the Brew Guru mobile app  (Read 14078 times)

Offline Hercher

• 1st Kit
Re: Introducing the Brew Guru mobile app
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 11:45:40 am »
Is there any chance the brew guru (and other AHA apps) will be available for Windows phones?

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 08:51:06 am »
Is there any chance the brew guru (and other AHA apps) will be available for Windows phones?
They still make those?  I think I read somewhere Microsoft decided to stop.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 12:31:25 pm »

Not in the short term.

We were able to build an app on a platform that will work with both Apple and Android devices, but to get it to work on Windows phones as well would require a completely separate app be built, which is cost prohibitive for us.  To maximize the resources we have, we built an app that will work on the most popular smart phone platforms. 

We will continue to monitor usage of Windows phones, and possibly build a Windows version of Brew Guru in the future.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

Offline shoebrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:37 pm »
The BrewGuru App is great for a 1.0 app. I've found an interesting bug, but haven't found a place to report it, so hopefully, the devs read this forum!

I am a regular at Heretic BC in Fairfield, CA. The Brew Guru app notifies me 5 minutes after I LEAVE Heretic that "You are near Heretic Brewing Company" and that there are AHA discounts there. Luckily, they all know me and I get my AHA discount anyway, but it's funny that it does not recognize that I am actually AT the brewery while I am there. I don't think it is the GPS on my iPhone because it is accurate in all the other apps.

Keep working on it! Great start!

Cheers!

ShoeBrew

Offline icameron

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 04:42:47 pm »
Great app for a first version.  Best logo too!  The alerts that you're near a brewery need some fine tuning.  I work within a few blocks of a couple of them but randomly throughout my day the phone notifies me that I'm nearby one of them.  I had to disable the notifications because it was getting out of hand.

Also when I tried renewing membership through the app it rejected my credit card.  Same card worked fine on the website. keep up the good work

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 05:36:26 pm »
I finally deleted Brew Guru today.  It still shows my membership as being expired.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
Great app for a first version.  Best logo too!  The alerts that you're near a brewery need some fine tuning.  I work within a few blocks of a couple of them but randomly throughout my day the phone notifies me that I'm nearby one of them.  I had to disable the notifications because it was getting out of hand.

Also when I tried renewing membership through the app it rejected my credit card.  Same card worked fine on the website. keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback! Tuning in the frequency and location at which you are notified of a nearby AHA Member Deal is definitely something we have been looking into.

The Credit Card issue is interesting, though. I will be sure to pass that along to our Web/IT folks to look into the issue. If you recall when you tried to do this transaction, that could be helpful.

Also, if anyone runs into any other issues or has feedback, you can send it to info@brewersassociation.org or directly to me at duncan@brewersassociation.org.

Thanks for using and enjoying Brew Guru!

-Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 09:05:29 am »
I finally deleted Brew Guru today.  It still shows my membership as being expired.

Hey bboy9000-

I just searched our AHA Member database with the email associated with your Forum name and didn't see any records. If you want to send me your full name, city/state and current AHA Member number, I can look into it. duncan@brewersassociation.org

-Duncan

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 09:47:27 pm »
Thanks Duncan.  I just sent you an email.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Introducing the Brew Guru mobile app
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 05:18:37 pm »
Timeline on adding directories? While deals are nice, I'd like to find shops when I'm out and about. Clubs would be good too.

Edit. Found what I needed. It was under deals. Maybe that option should be renamed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:57:33 pm by Stevie »

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 06:57:33 pm »
I downloaded the app again to find that my membership is now showing up as active.  Thanks again Duncan.  Cheers!
Brian
mobrewer

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2017, 10:10:43 am »
I can now get the app here in Belgium, which is nice. But the number of locations is still very limited.
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 11:52:31 am »
Timeline on adding directories? While deals are nice, I'd like to find shops when I'm out and about. Clubs would be good too.

Edit. Found what I needed. It was under deals. Maybe that option should be renamed.

Great feedback. Thanks Stevie!

Offline Jkrehbielp

• Cellarman
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 04:01:54 pm »
Cool app. Seems to work well, but I have one suggestion.

Is there any way to get the code for member deals at mail order companies that offer discounts? First, the only way I can see if a company offers deals is to look up their address and find them on the map, second one I see that they offer a discount on map order I can't find the offer code.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Offline arne487

• 1st Kit
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 08:42:29 pm »
I would love to be able to use the app, but it crashes almost every time I try to open it. When it works it's great. The error is "The connection to the server was unsuccessful. (file:///android_asset/www/index.html)"
Android 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Amp 2