Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: breweries by WPB  (Read 2671 times)

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
breweries by WPB
« on: August 19, 2010, 12:01:43 pm »
anyone out there know of any good breweries around wpb?

by the way...it's hot here...
Take it easy...

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: breweries by WPB
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:06:34 pm »
What does WPB stand for?

edit: never mind...just googled it.  No clue.  sorry
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:26:01 pm »
What does WPB stand for?

edit: never mind...just googled it.  No clue.  sorry
You could have at least told us what it stands for!

Although I suppose if you have to look it up, you probably don't know any breweries there.  I googled it, and I don't know either.

West Palm Beach, just so people know.  Unless there's some other WPB out there.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 01:30:39 pm »
well, if you mean WPB = West Palm Beach, that's my neck of the woods - stop by Brewzzi's at City Place - my friend Fran brews there - great beers especially City Fest, Duke and the Brewmaster's Reserve, food - so-so.

if make it up to Tequesta - my buddy Matt's place: Corner Cafe and Brewery - small operation now, but they are expanding (1BBL ---> 15BBL)

Down further in Coral Springs is Big Bear - solid as well.

That's it.

Then there's my house  ;)
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline blatz

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:28 pm »
it's hot here...

no kidding.  try hovering over a KAB6 with 14gal of wort boiling  ;)
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:46:50 pm »
sorry, i should have specified west palm beach, really i should have just PM'd blatz since I knew he was around this part of the country.  ;)

...working double shifts almost 7 days a week, here up until labor day weekend. unfortunately the schedule is kind of all over the place, but i'm hoping for an open saturday on the 28th. if you need some help, i've gotten pretty good at pushing around a mash paddle, albeit in new england, in comfortable 85 degree heat with 70% humidity.

i think i had seen something for brewzzi's, maybe in the hotel bar, but i was nervous that something in a hotel bar would be showing something that's too...commercialized i guess...but i'll definitely take your word for it being legit

thanks for the tips.

Take it easy...

Offline blatz

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »
yeah - Fran has been brewing for them (they have a second, original location in Boca) for 15+ years now and he does a great job - the local market doesn't give him the flexibility to have a lot of styles on tap that us beer geeks would like, but the 3 I mentioned are worth it.  Hopefully his alt is on tap as the reserve - he got silver at GABF with that one last year.

No brewing on the 28th - just put some dortmunder in the conical on Sunday, so I won't have space till the following weekend.  Would meet for a pint though - there's a Yardhouse up here 2 mi from my house that has a great selection, too.

Offline riverrat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 08:30:27 am »
Big bear in Coral springs was pretty decent when I was in FLL about a year ago.  (so that's a second for that one)  I got the sampler, and only had 1 I didn't care for.  Tasted like vinegar.  Food was good too.
Founding member, California Street Brewery