I don't like leaving potentially-helpful threads open-ended, so here's another update:
I cracked the keg mid-week for a reading & sample; was so surprised I hadn't completely botched the batch that I forgot the reading. Tasted ester-y; 2oz sample too small
Saturday, I did a closed transfer into a new keg. Today I put it on the gas...
I have to say that adding the gelatin certainly helped improve & streamline my process.
I make my sanitizer in 1gal batches; prior to racking, I now dump a batch into the empty keg and shake the $#!t out of it for a good 2 minutes. Connect it up to gas and liquid, push all the sanitizer through the tap, then whip up a batch of gelatin and dump it in. I don't yet have fittings to do a "closed" transfer from the FastFerment to the keg, but I think the long hose supplied and the cushion of CO2 are adaquate for the task. Fill, purge, chill, gas, wait, serve.