Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: No more bubbles  (Read 2025 times)

Offline yuno

• 1st Kit
No more bubbles
« on: September 13, 2016, 09:00:43 am »
Just started my first brew of block party amber ale. It bubbled like crazy the first 2 days but now it barely bubbles. Is this normal?

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: No more bubbles
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:07:19 am »
Yes it is normal.  Just let it sit for at least the balance of a week though.  The yeast will need to clean up after themselves if/when they are done fermenting.

This is a great place to ask questions and hone your brewing skills, so welcome, and ask away!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 09:18:16 am »
Very normal. The normalist.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 05:50:19 pm »
+1. Welcome! This is a great place to post questions.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline BUZZSAW52

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:49 pm »
Welcome. I would put a refractometer on your wish list. Then you will know if it's done or not.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 07:41:57 pm »
Welcome. I would put a refractometer on your wish list. Then you will know if it's done or not.

Even though I have a digital refractometer, I still use a hydrometer for FG measurements. No futzing around with formulas to try and compensate for the alcohol's diffraction.

But still consider a good refractometer. They're invaluable on brew day. FWIW a digital one is only a little bit more than a "good" analog one. Cheap analog refractometers are hit or miss, mine was a miss...
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline BUZZSAW52

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »

Even though I have a digital refractometer, I still use a hydrometer for FG measurements. No futzing around with formulas to try and compensate for the alcohol's diffraction.

But still consider a good refractometer. They're invaluable on brew day. FWIW a digital one is only a little bit more than a "good" analog one. Cheap analog refractometers are hit or miss, mine was a miss...

I use Beersmith so it's an easy calculation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk