Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brand of Kegerator  (Read 2516 times)

Offline papa's porch brewing

• 1st Kit
Brand of Kegerator
« on: September 15, 2016, 06:00:36 pm »
Looking to buy a Kegerator, a dual or triple tap. What Brands are ones to look for and what ones are to stay away from. Thanks

Offline BUZZSAW52

• Cellarman
Re: Brand of Kegerator
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:12:38 pm »
I just picked up a 2 tap and Insignia for $300 scratch an dent. If I paid full price I would be upset because it's seems a little "cheap" to me. It works great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BUZZSAW52

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 06:13:44 pm »
That tank and regulator are for my fridge. It all fits inside my kegerator plus 3 kegs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Brand of Kegerator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 06:16:40 pm »
I think the majority of the extra costs is due to the small volume of production. They likely sell 1 of those for every 100 dorm fridges.

Check Costco. It will need modification for corny and you will need to replace the tower for more than one faucet. M

Williams also started stocking Intertap kegerators with free shipping.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »
My newest kegerator is the Danby from Costco that I modified with a dual tower (came with a single). All in all, for the price, it's a damn good kegerator. My other is an old, beat up Haier with three taps that just keeps ticking. I got it used years ago and it's been great. It's a mixed up collection but I'm pretty happy. Just resist the temptation to keep one in a garage if possible. I bought a new one a few years back that lasted 3 years at most in the garage before dying - too much temp swing in the Midwest through the year.
Jon H.

Offline Irish Rover

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:59:08 am »
Hey I have used a Dandy from costo for about five years with no issues what so ever I also converted it to a two tap tower. It is located in garage and with Colorado weather, the unit has not missed a beat. In my basement which I completed converted to a bar I bought a two tower true which is also pretty sweet. I would go for the dandy, during the winter months Costo normally lower the price..

Offline Backyard Bruise-master

• 1st Kit
  • Delusions of grandeur? You're steeping in it!
    • Backyard Bruise
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 03:59:47 pm »
Another Danby owner...
Got mine from KegWorks and converted it to a 3-tap.  Enough room for 3 corneys & 5# co2 tank, but comes with a rear-mounted tank holder and hose pass-through. 34-46*F adjustment range.  Mine uses a cheap 80mm PC-style fan to circulate, and the bearings partially failed after 4 years.  Noisy, but still works; maybe $2 to replace.

If you're going multi-keg, do yourself a favor and get a gas distribution manifold.
.:Currently Brewing:.
Dreams of electric all-grain

.:In the Fermenter:.
H2O

.:On Tap:.
Traveling Salesman Mead (Pata Pata Dub)

.:Bottles:.
Traveling Salesman Mead
Traveling Salesman Mead (Lemon Drop Remix)
Neighborhood Bully Barleywine

Offline one_seat

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 11:02:39 pm »
Go on Craigslist I got my fridge for $45 and just drilled 2 holes in the door. Super cheap I'm sure you can find one somewhere.