Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Did NB sell out?  (Read 12831 times)

Big Monk

Re: Did NB sell out?
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2016, 04:59:29 pm »
That poll goes to show how many people are wackadoos

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2016, 05:40:08 pm »
Calling all wackadoos...vote early...vote often
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2016, 05:44:51 pm »
 Poll is not well very written. What if a voter lives near by? What if a voter just doesn't care?

Big Monk

Did NB sell out?
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2016, 05:53:26 pm »
An excuse to AB InBev bash.

I guess people have a problem with all malt beers like Beck's and Kirin Ichiban brewed cheap and fresh with unparalleled consistency in the continental United States.

Go figure. Meanwhile the shelves are crammed with disgusting triple bourbon coffee chocolate porters and hop soup.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »
Another wackadoo vote.  Wackadoo = someone who knows ABI's motives/practices toward craft beer are not good, fair or honorable, and therefore jumping in the deep end of homebrewing supplies is likely not good, fair or honorable either. I know, batsh!t crazy, huh?   ;)

Jon H.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
Do those that are anti AB also avoid Walmart, Target, Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, Total Wine, Specs, BevMo? All of those can be considered anti competition.

narvin

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2016, 06:25:24 pm »

I guess people have a problem with all malt beers like Beck's and Kirin Ichiban brewed cheap and fresh with unparalleled consistency in the continental United States.

Go figure. Meanwhile the shelves are crammed with disgusting triple bourbon coffee chocolate porters and hop soup.

Come on.  There is more to beer than low O2 😂

Big Monk

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2016, 06:31:26 pm »

Come on.  There is more to beer than low O2

I'm a huge fan of Trappist Beers, Duvel, Macro Belgians, 8-9% RIS, etc.

This is a capitalist society. Nothing in our history or doctrines suggests anything less than ruthless subjugation of competition and opposition. Why should beer be any different?

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »
Another wackadoo vote.  Wackadoo = someone who knows ABI's motives/practices toward craft beer are not good, fair or honorable, and therefore jumping in the deep end of homebrewing supplies is likely not good, fair or honorable either. I know, batsh!t crazy, huh?   ;)

I'm writing you in for President of the wackadoos...
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »
Do those that are anti AB also avoid Walmart, Target, Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, Total Wine, Specs, BevMo? All of those can be considered anti competition.

With the exception of Walmart (many of whose employees have to receive welfare because they aren't paid well enough to afford Walmart's own health insurance), no. But my biggest passion in life, aside from my wife, is drinking good beer and especially brewing it. ABI's motives are pretty transparent toward craft beer so far. The purchase may well prove to be no big deal. But it might also prove to be pretty impactful to us. Time will tell.
Jon H.

Offline tommymorris

Did NB sell out?
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »
I bet if AHA takes the poll again 1 year from now and asks who has shopped at NB/MW in the last year a far higher percentage will have done so.

That being said, I get HoosierBrew's point and think it is valid.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:56:41 pm by alestateyall »

narvin

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2016, 06:55:26 pm »

This is a capitalist society. Nothing in our history or doctrines suggests anything less than ruthless subjugation of competition and opposition. Why should beer be any different?

So, what in our history suggests that robber baron capitalists have ever brewed good beer  ;D

I'm also not really that stoked by American brewed Becks.  Give me a Bitburger any day.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:01:45 pm by narvin »

Big Monk

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2016, 07:05:38 pm »

So, what in our history suggests that robber baron capitalists have ever brewed good beer  ;D

I'm also not really that stoked by American brewed Becks.  Give me a Bitburger any day.

I'm mostly just having a bit of fun with the wordplay. These threads do get people kind of fired up so its likely not nice to crack jokes.

Which is really what I'm doing. Just having a bit of fun. I found the very fresh bottle of Becks I had the other night to be fantastic. Although I drink 4 packs of Bit all the time. Great beer.

narvin

« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2016, 07:16:01 pm »
I thought Bavik Pils straight from the fermenter in Belgium was amazing.  Freshness matters a lot. O2 and all that.

I think a lot of people have seen beers that were bought out and expanded go downhill, and it hurts.  Inbev (Interbrew) shutting down DWC Malting's was a huge loss.   One of the few wins is that beer geek interest in traditional lambic have made some of the producers focusing on the American market go back producing some Oude Geuze.  However, I still don't think a product like that could exist as more than a niche market.

Edit: A take on the DWC acquisition http://www.yoursforgoodfermentables.com/2007/03/inbev-now-worlds-largest-brewer-over-b.html?m=1
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:21:02 pm by narvin »

The Beerery

« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2016, 08:30:50 pm »
I don't have much to add and normally I would avoid a post like this like the plague. But I saw some posts about bitburger. I love bitburger!

I know the folks at MW and NB quite well, I used to manage their forums for them and they always treated more than right. I have spoken with them about this and all are very excited for new things to come. That's all I got.