Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mailing Beers  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Mailing Beers
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 09:48:42 am »
Several years ago while I was still employed I worked in a shipping department and watched as a UPS guy gave a package covered with fragile stickers a hail Mary toss into the back of his truck.
Yeah, I've seen the same thing a time or two, from both FedEx and UPS.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

While not appreciated by the customer that kind of thing is the only logical method for the drivers as they are closely monitored on how long their route takes to complete and they don't really have the time to baby any packages.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline BairsBrewing

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 10:07:20 am »
Several years ago while I was still employed I worked in a shipping department and watched as a UPS guy gave a package covered with fragile stickers a hail Mary toss into the back of his truck.
Yeah, I've seen the same thing a time or two, from both FedEx and UPS.

While not appreciated by the customer that kind of thing is the only logical method for the drivers as they are closely monitored on how long their route takes to complete and they don't really have the time to baby any packages.
I have a friend who drives for UPS. If their manager know that they purposefully mishandled a package, they get written up. They track their performance on the route by gps.

Offline Hooper

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 05:55:30 pm »
I usually follow the advice of Colonel William Ludlow...USPS picks up from the front porch...
Which if they find out that you mailed alcohol you could be in some trouble, it's illegal to mail via the US Post Office.
Thank mom but...you can be a sheep...or you can follow the advice of Colonel Ludlow...
“Stay with the beer. Beer is continuous blood. A continuous lover.”
—   Charles Bukowski

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 10:33:06 am »
while stationed overseas... I sent home a 12pack of various belgian/dutch/german beers every month. All I used was a cardboard box and a ton of newspaper, all through the USPS. when I got home 2 yrs later, I found one box wrapped in cling wrap due to it got dropped and broke one bottle, all the liquid soaked into the newspaper, but I thought, that package must have been dropped hard cause I used ALOT of newspaper. these days, I would say do the same thing except wrap each bottle/can in bubblewrap first then either more bubblewrap or newspaper.
Phoenix, AZ

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 11:52:39 am »
[quote author=BairsBrewing link=topic=27942.msg364777#msg364777 date=1477152440
I have a friend who drives for UPS. If their manager know that they purposefully mishandled a package, they get written up. They track their performance on the route by gps.
[/quote]

I don't know if it quite qualifies as purposefully mishandling. They just don't have a lot of time to be all that gentle.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women