Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Low Oxygen Brewing Sheet  (Read 13419 times)

Offline natebriscoe

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Low Oxygen Brewing Sheet
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 09:04:29 pm »
5.2 think I downloaded this copy a few days ago. Seems to work properly on the just water sheet.

Try downloading again with the fixes I made and see if you are good to go.

Let me know how it works.
That issue seems to be fixed. But I also get Na and S04 #s with the sheet cleared and using distilled water.

Offline natebriscoe

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 09:12:16 pm »
I also get about a .6 difference between the full sheet and the water only sheet for the same recipe and settings.

Big Monk

Low Oxygen Brewing Sheet
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 02:51:34 am »
I also get about a .6 difference between the full sheet and the water only sheet for the same recipe and settings.

Are you using the most recent sheet? I verified the main sheet and the water sheet together the other day.

The only thing I can think is that the main sheet may still be using the old °L overrides instead of DI pH inputs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:39:58 am by Big Monk »

Offline natebriscoe

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 06:19:11 am »

Are you using the most recent sheet? I verified the main sheet and the water sheet together the other day.

The only thing I can think is that the main sheet may still be using the old °L overrides instead of DI pH inputs.
Download a fresh copy right before my post. (Of the full spreadsheet that is)

Big Monk

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2017, 01:14:10 pm »
For all the users of the spreadsheet: I have pulled it from LOB.com to perform some bug fixing and general cleanup and maintenance. I may start early on my planned revision of the sheet which will include the revamped, multi page interface and incorporation of the "Water" spreadsheet as well.

Sorry for any inconvenience and I'll post the new revision ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Monk

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 01:06:12 pm »
Thanks for this.

Quickly:
-I notice a circular reference error when using a grainbill smaller than 9.26 lbs.

Big Monk

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2017, 01:18:29 pm »
Thanks for this.

Quickly:
-I notice a circular reference error when using a grainbill smaller than 9.26 lbs.

Thanks man. Got it squared away. I selected the wrong ranges in the background calcs and malt and sugar points were trying to reference themselves.

http://www.lowoxygenbrewing.com/uncategorized/low-oxygen-brewing-spreadsheet/

Offline VictorBrew

• Cellarman
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:50 pm »
Awesome job with this.  It looks fantastic.  I noticed that the water profiles inputs seemed to be protected, so unable to alter the values in the blue boxes for User Custom, etc.

- Rob

Big Monk

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 01:39:47 pm »
Awesome job with this.  It looks fantastic.  I noticed that the water profiles inputs seemed to be protected, so unable to alter the values in the blue boxes for User Custom, etc.

- Rob

All fixed up...for now!  ;)

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 01:53:45 pm »
Maybe I'm just pushing the limits too much but the forecasting for WtG doesn't seem reasonable to me; then again, I may not be understanding it correctly.  I'm still experiencing a circular reference on the GravityVolume worksheet (H33 cell, according to Excel)

Regardless, I think a simple test for you is:
-Make a grainbill and strike water volume that is >3.35 WtG (aim for 4.0ish)

Does the forecasted SG seem reasonable?

Big Monk

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 01:55:31 pm »
Don't exceed 3.34 for WTG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Beerery

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »
Maybe I'm just pushing the limits too much but the forecasting for WtG doesn't seem reasonable to me; then again, I may not be understanding it correctly.  I'm still experiencing a circular reference on the GravityVolume worksheet (H33 cell, according to Excel)

Regardless, I think a simple test for you is:
-Make a grainbill and strike water volume that is >3.35 WtG (aim for 4.0ish)

Does the forecasted SG seem reasonable?

I try and stay between 2.6 and 2.9.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:11 pm »
Thank you both.  This is all good information for me.  I am generally floating around the 3.0 WtG ratio, usually just below, so I should be good most times.

Out of curiosity, how might a no-sparge, single-vessel brewer use this spreadsheet for low gravity beers like US light lagers or even ordinary bitters, for example?  I'm thinking about beers where the usual OG might be up to 1.040 (usually less).  It appears that the calculations stop being calculated (Preboil gravity, OG, hop utilization, BU, etc) once the circular reference error is hit and they don't resume until you've overcome the circular reference error.

Big Monk

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 02:32:29 pm »
Thank you both.  This is all good information for me.  I am generally floating around the 3.0 WtG ratio, usually just below, so I should be good most times.

Out of curiosity, how might a no-sparge, single-vessel brewer use this spreadsheet for low gravity beers like US light lagers or even ordinary bitters, for example?  I'm thinking about beers where the usual OG might be up to 1.040 (usually less).  It appears that the calculations stop being calculated (Preboil gravity, OG, hop utilization, BU, etc) once the circular reference error is hit and they don't resume until you've overcome the circular reference error.

To be honest, those low gravities are beyond the limits for a true no-sparge.