Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Old brewing magazines  (Read 3589 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Old brewing magazines
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 10:05:44 am »
I have a nearly complete collection of Zymurgy and BYO, starting in the mid-90's. Like others have said, lots of info is inaccurate, especially before 2000, but I can't bear to part with them. I like the feel of paper in my hands, too. Online just doesn't cut it, and can we really be sure ezines will be available when stuff like the Zombie Apocalypse hits?

How often do you look at them?  That was the deciding factor for me.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 03:21:54 pm »
I have a nearly complete collection of Zymurgy and BYO, starting in the mid-90's. Like others have said, lots of info is inaccurate, especially before 2000, but I can't bear to part with them. I like the feel of paper in my hands, too. Online just doesn't cut it, and can we really be sure ezines will be available when stuff like the Zombie Apocalypse hits?

More often than you might think, especially the issues within the last five years. Not so much for the older ones.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 03:23:18 pm »

More often than you might think, especially the issues within the last five years. Not so much for the older ones.
[/quote]

Wow, WAY ahead of me!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »
I'm starting a new thread "old nudie magazines."

Keith, please copy and paste this entire thread there. Replace Zymurgy with Playboy and BYO with Penthouse

;)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »
I'm starting a new thread "old nudie magazines."

Keith, please copy and paste this entire thread there. Replace Zymurgy with Playboy and BYO with Penthouse

;)

I'm sure someone out there would snatch them up. For the articles of course.  ???
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 03:38:58 pm »
I had to dump 6-8 years of playboy when I moved back in 2011. Subscriber the whole time, every issue. There was a concern about the teen and pre-teen boys in the house finding them. They were all from the early to mid 90's so nothing too special, really don't know why I still had them. As for brewing, I have Zymurgy, BYO, and CB&brewing every issue for the last 3.5 years. Half unread, some still in mailing plastic, don't know if I'll ever get to them. Better info here and not enough time for here and them. Likely not renewing except for Zymurgy

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 06:29:00 pm »
really don't know why I still had them.

Because... Naked.

I have years of heavy metal magazine, many of the last year unopened and unread.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 07:17:55 pm »
Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
After reading this thread, I dug out my old stash of BYO and Zymurgy and moved them to my bathroom library drawer.  There's actually some interesting stuff in there, and a few recipes I would like to try.  I might weed them out a bit or just save them for my boys.  In another 10 years, they could be brewing too!