Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Nashville beers  (Read 1154 times)

Offline GS

• Assistant Brewer
Nashville beers
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:04:55 am »
As I write this post, I'm sitting in the Nashville airport waiting to go home to Sacramento. There is no way I'm getting  on a plane without having a beer or two, and of course it affords the opportunity to conduct some research. The first was a golden ale from Fat Bottom. It's a good golden ale, plenty malty, but the mouthfeel is a bit soft for my taste. On the other hand (in the other hand?), I have a Sweetwater IPA. Now we're talking. Malty with an assertive hop "bite" without being obnoxious. Earlier in the week, I stopped by Rock Bottom in downtown Nashville, and their porter was just about the finest porter I have ever had. Balanced to be sure, and it went down easy. Unfortunately it was Sunday, so the brewmaster wasn't in because he was probably at the football game, or I would have picked his brain.

The best part of travelling for work is checking out the brewing scene wherever I have to go. Makes flying much more bearable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline jpeets

• Cellarman
Re: Nashville beers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:13 pm »
 Go grab some beers from Yazoo brewing there in the airport right next to the Burger King

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:13 pm »
Jackalope is pretty good also.
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline crakers540

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 07:11:00 pm »
I have travelled to Atlanta quite often, and Sweetwater beers are usually what I get while there. They have a wide variety, and I have never been disappointed.  The IPA is a winner.