Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pitching sloppy vs Clean slurry calculations  (Read 6294 times)

Offline 2brew559

• Brewer
Re: Pitching sloppy vs Clean slurry calculations
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2016, 02:58:33 pm »
Ok that sounds easy enough. And you described measurements of the yeast slurry. thanks so much!!! :)

I'll probaly brew next weekend 2 on Saturday using fresh yeast 1318 from packet starter.. oatmeal stout and blond

Then Sunday if I'm not dead..lol make the hoppy pale ale form the wyeast slurry in this discussion :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JUST A REGULAR GUY WHO BREWS!
Aplaudir Amigos Y Amigas  :)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 04:46:25 pm »
Ok that sounds easy enough. And you described measurements of the yeast slurry. thanks so much!!! :)

I'll probaly brew next weekend 2 on Saturday using fresh yeast 1318 from packet starter.. oatmeal stout and blond

Then Sunday if I'm not dead..lol make the hoppy pale ale form the wyeast slurry in this discussion :)

Great!  Good luck and report back with how your brewday goes.

Offline 2brew559

• Brewer
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 05:05:13 pm »
Def. I will  report my brew day and tastings once the brews turn into beers :)

Below is the picture of the hoppy beer (kegged Saturday Oct. 29, 2016) that I used the 5oz of dry hops, also happens to be the beer I harvested the wyeast 1318 slurry from.   
Was cold crashed @ 32F on Friday Oct. 28th, 2016 then on Saturday
transferred to keg on Saturday over gelatin and cold crashed some more.
This is the sample I drew on Sunday, yesterday.
"Couldn't wait" has that hazy look... NEIPA look!
Its flat obviously as it's only been on gas for day. Has very nice hop aroma body and mouth feel is soft + velvety mouth feel ... Cant wait tills its carbed up. :)

FYI: I don't treat the water as I don't know how, usually I use a eq. mix of ro water and bottled spring water

When I brew this weekend, I'm going to use our Clovis, CA. city water.  I've been told by someone who has connections with TIOGA BREWING CO. here in town and some other breweries that our water is great for brewing "as is".  So I'm going to try it.. tired of buying water

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:14:52 am by 2brew559 »
JUST A REGULAR GUY WHO BREWS!
Aplaudir Amigos Y Amigas  :)