Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA rallies are amazing!  (Read 906 times)

Offline MrDonde

• Cellarman
  • Aspiring Brewmaster
    • Snow Lion Brewing
AHA rallies are amazing!
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:20:49 am »
Morning,

I wanted to just post a message thanking the AHA for setting up a great rally this weekend at Live Oak Brewery in Austin and encourage all AHA members to go to a rally.

I am very new to AHA and I had never attended a rally. I saw that there was one in Austin and I made it a point to go and volunteer. It was a great experience! Being a volunteer was the perfect way to meet all the members as they came in since I was helping them sign in and learn what goes on at a typical rally. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Matt, the AHA official who setup the rally, was very nice and helped make it a great time. (He even listened to my complaints about the BrewGuru app)

We got free beers, free yeast used in Live Oak's Hefe, and there were a bunch of prizes for a raffle. The AHA group also was taken on a special tour of the brewery and was able to talk shop with the Live Oak brewers.

Thanks again to Matt, Live Oak, and the AHA for setting up the rally. I am looking forward to attending another one.

Again if you see a rally is happening in your area you should go and volunteer!

Cheers!  ;D
-Donde

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: AHA rallies are amazing!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:47:10 am »
That would be Matt Bolling, great guy.

Rallies are a good time. I have worked at least two, been to 4.

Stopped at Live Oak last spring. Loved the beers and facility.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!