Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Is there a monthly bottle swap here?  (Read 3305 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Is there a monthly bottle swap here?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 05:19:31 am »
I see that I have Jim's email from when he ran the first swap. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to contact him outside the forum though, out of respect for his privacy. OTOH he might appreciate that we are thinking of him.
I'm also wondering about AmandaK. Isn't someone here in her club?
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 08:30:34 am »
I see that I have Jim's email from when he ran the first swap. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to contact him outside the forum though, out of respect for his privacy. OTOH he might appreciate that we are thinking of him.

Amanda is doing very well, I promise you.  Judged with her/drank her tasty mead a few weeks ago.  But I'm certain she appreciates the kind thoughts.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 09:16:47 am »

Amanda is doing very well, I promise you.  Judged with her/drank her tasty mead a few weeks ago.  But I'm certain she appreciates the kind thoughts.
Thanks! Please tell her she is missed here the next time you see her.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 10:05:21 am »
I thought these were among the people we lost to the summer of rage here after several hostile threads.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline bayareabrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 10:51:42 am »
I'm brand new here, and have a full time job, but I'd be willing to help if people want to bring it back

I don't know the full history of homebrewer bottle swaps, but the threads are here and you can get a feel by reading through them.  It's essentially to pick a theme, work through the agreements (# of bottles), have a sign-up-by date, generate a list of who swaps with whom (and to try to pair with people who have not shared directly before).  People can share shipping addresses directly.

When I've participated it's been a great experience.  The feedback is more than helpful and I end up trying beers that are a bit outside my normal style.

Thanks for giving it a thought.  If interested, maybe start by doing a draft of the theme & agreements and see what homebrewers have input?   Cheers.

that's pretty awesome, but I could see how that could be a lot of work for those organizing it. The one I participated in the past was that you were just randomly paired with another forum and you each sent each other two types of homebrew (4 bottles total).

Offline jimmykx250

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 11:16:08 am »
Jim seems like a great guy and always positive. I hope all is ok. I have to send him some barley wine cause he sent me like a pound of simco leaf hops for absolutely nothing!  I would love to do another beer swap and would be willing to help if needed. It was a great experience for me.
Jimmykx250

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 12:42:09 pm »
I thought these were among the people we lost to the summer of rage here after several hostile threads.
That could be. For awhile there we would have been better off talking about politics than "IT".
Someone let them know that the low oxygen threads have become civil  ;)

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 12:55:00 pm »
That could be. For awhile there we would have been better off talking about politics than "IT".

Yes. And not only civil, but quite educational and productive, thanks to Bryan and Derrick and Nate too.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »
More civil than politics of late, that's for sure
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer