Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sign in issues  (Read 2755 times)

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
Sign in issues
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:32:51 am »
So why is the log in for AHA site different than the forum link? I'm logged on the main AHA site, and then when I click on the community forum it ask for my log on credentials and tells me it's wrong?  Shouldn't this be all linked together.  I don't want to keep having to reset my password

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Sign in issues
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 12:07:22 pm »
Ya know, I remember that there was a reason for it, but I don't recall what it was.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Skahtered

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:39:58 pm »
I had the same question recently. It's a pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:29:23 pm »
I am sure that it is partly to do with the fact that the forum is a third party platform separate from the main site. A single sign-on system might be possible, but is it worth development dollars?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:00 pm »
IIRC, it had something to do with database issues.  I've contacted Duncan from the AHA and asked him to check in here.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 04:44:05 pm »
IIRC, it had something to do with database issues.  I've contacted Duncan from the AHA and asked him to check in here.
Cool thanks Denny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 10:47:34 am »
A big reason is because HomebrewersAssociation.org login is for AHA members only, while the Forum consists of members and non-members.

When we switched over to our new site 3-ish years ago, we set up a system so a person signing up for membership can create a username/password that works on both the website and the AHA forum. When this type of user logs into the website, they should also be logged into the forum. However, if a person was a Forum user before becoming a member, the two logins likely will not be connected and the user is left with seperate login info.

If you'd like to have the same login for each, give our Member Services team a shout and they'll get you squared away. info(at)brewersassociation.org.

-Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 10:50:08 am »
Thanks, Duncan!

www.dennybrew.com