Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Danby 4.4 kegerator with interior taps  (Read 3629 times)

Offline banjo-guy

• Assistant Brewer
Danby 4.4 kegerator with interior taps
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:19:21 pm »
Here is my take on converting the Danby 4.4 Mini Fridge.

My goal was to use all of the available interior space and have two taps inside the fridge. I also wanted to store bottles of beer and hops and yeast.

I've been able to store 21 bottles of beer, (2) 2.5 Gallon Kegs and (2) inside taps in my Danby conversion.

I use 2.5 gallon kegs although 5 gallon kegs will fit inside but not with the extra storage space and interior taps that I created.

I keep the Co2 outside and routed the 2 gas lines through the upper corners of the Danby.

The taps are mounted on a wooden shelf that serves as a storage area for beer,hops and yeast.

I squeezed another wooden shelf just above the kegs.
 It can be crowded when fully loaded but I rarely use all of the shelves.

I had to do the normal cutting of the plastic interior to make room for the kegs.

One thing that I love about the Danby 4.4 is that it fits perfectly under the Husky workbench.

If I decide to change to a tower tap system I will simply bring the tower through the wood counter top.

One thing that I did that I haven't seen anyone else do is to route the gas lines through the upper corners of the refrigerator.

This created a lot of free space that wouldn't have been there otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:37:11 pm by banjo-guy »

Offline dilluh98

• Brewmaster
Re: Danby 4.4 kegerator with interior taps
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:07:49 am »
Nice build!

I'll be taking notes from this as my standard brew size is 2.5 gallon. Thanks for sharing.