Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mash thickness  (Read 2859 times)

The Beerery

Re: Mash thickness
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 08:25:58 am »
Hey, be careful when mentioning the Strong dosing methods. That is for RO or Distilled water only. It could be a total screw up if a brewer applied that recommendation to their tap water.
Not to mention not knowing the Ph of the base malts to begin with. Barke pils right now is at 6.0pH.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:22:02 pm »
Hey, be careful when mentioning the Strong dosing methods. That is for RO or Distilled water only. It could be a total screw up if a brewer applied that recommendation to their tap water.
Not to mention not knowing the Ph of the base malts to begin with. Barke pils right now is at 6.0pH.

How would that shift your lovibond rating vs the stated lovibond provided on the malt spec sheet?

The Beerery

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 01:10:18 pm »

How would that shift your lovibond rating vs the stated lovibond provided on the malt spec sheet?

With our low oxygen sheet it would be 13.5 for the malt override. I am not familiar with any others.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »

With our low oxygen sheet it would be 13.5 for the malt override. I am not familiar with any others.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Monk

Mash thickness
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »

Gotcha. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think that is the best feature of the spreadsheet. Having the water stuff integrated makes for a very smooth piece of software.