Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2017 National Homebrew Competition Update!  (Read 7044 times)

Offline johnny_mo

• Cellarman
2017 National Homebrew Competition Update!
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:07:35 pm »
The 2017 National Homebrew Competition (NHC) will be here before we all know it!
Below is important information on the competition. We're still finalizing details about the competition and will continue to release more specifics as they become available.
  • The 2017 First Round Sites are posted on our NHC pages.
  • We will be adding two new categories this year: American Wild Ales and breaking out Double IPA and Specialty IPA into their own categories. There are now 33 categories in the competition. These will be released with the Rules & Regulations in December.
  • We will launch a new and improved micro-site for the competition in December.
  • Club updates and new club registration for the NHC is open through December 1, 2016. Please make sure to update/register your club.
  • Registration for the NHC opens January 30, 2017 and runs through February 5, 2017.
We have not released the full Rules & Regulations as they are still being finalized. Expect to see those released in December.
Have a great Thanksgiving!

John Moorhead, NHC Director

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: 2017 National Homebrew Competition Update!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 06:05:32 pm »
Thanks John! The Rankerts might judge and steward a couple of those.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline uslackr

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
Were the rules finalized in December?  Doesn't appear the competition web site has been updated yet.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
Sweet! My latest American Wilds just hit TG.

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »
Does anyone know what they are brewing? I was a partial mash brewer last year and now all grain and having a little trouble updating my recipes

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:41:54 am »
Does anyone know what they are brewing? I was a partial mash brewer last year and now all grain and having a little trouble updating my recipes

I'm brewing a Gold, Silver and maybe a couple bronze :)

Doing an Octoberfest (silver last year...going for gold), munich helles and a couple ciders.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 07:44:32 am »

I'm brewing a Gold, Silver and maybe a couple bronze :)

Doing an Octoberfest (silver last year...going for gold), munich helles and a couple ciders.

Well done.  I got 2 silvers and 1 bronze last year.  Im only going to brew 1 of those recipes again (lemongrass hefeweizen).  Trying to make the switch from Partial Mash to All Grain. so we will see how that goes.  Not sure what else Im going to brew.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 09:46:22 am »
I'm going enter two for the good of the cause. Maybe a wild and maybe something else.

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 04:13:36 pm »
I'm going enter two for the good of the cause. Maybe a wild and maybe something else.

cheers

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 11:27:45 am »
The 2017 National Homebrew Competition (NHC) will be here before we all know it!
Below is important information on the competition. We're still finalizing details about the competition and will continue to release more specifics as they become available.
  • We will be adding two new categories this year: American Wild Ales and breaking out Double IPA and Specialty IPA into their own categories. There are now 33 categories in the competition. These will be released with the Rules & Regulations in December.
  • Club updates and new club registration for the NHC is open through December 1, 2016. Please make sure to update/register your club.
  • Registration for the NHC opens January 30, 2017 and runs through February 5, 2017.
We have not released the full Rules & Regulations as they are still being finalized. Expect to see those released in December.

Can you use bottles that have a commercial breweries logo embossed in the actual glass?  For example, sam adams or boulevard bottles.  There isn't any other labels other than the glass

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

Can you use bottles that have a commercial breweries logo embossed in the actual glass?  For example, sam adams or boulevard bottles.  There isn't any other labels other than the glass

I think this covers it " Bottles with raised lettering are acceptable if they fit in a standard case box slot."
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 11:48:03 am »
ok thanks. I didn't see that anywhere.

Offline telder4336

• 1st Kit
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 12:12:14 am »
Anyone know when the presentations from HomebrewCon will be online?
Jason Elder
KC Bier Meisters - President
2020 Governing Committee Candidate