Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Vintage  (Read 2907 times)

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
Vintage
« on: November 23, 2016, 08:21:41 am »
My mother found this after cleaning out a house for an estate sale.  What do you think, crack it open for a thanksgiving toast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
Re: Vintage
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 08:53:53 am »
Apparently there's a market for this beer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282150944601 - as long as it's a half gallon bottle.
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 11:02:09 am »
OP's is worth more.  It has a cap on it.

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:11 am »
Yup, half gallon with cap still on. 

Online hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 04:15:05 pm »
It would not be worth as much if you drink it, the experience of drinking it would be wretched. Theo SE beers were not made to last, heck I remember the old man drinking Meisterbrau, and it was cheap stuff back then (he liked cheap beer). Smart money sells sell it as a collectible.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 04:22:36 pm »
I think you should take it on Antique Roadshow.

Online hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 05:25:04 pm »
I think you should take it on Antique Roadshow.
+1. If they have someone that can appraise old beer in a special bottle!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline jimmykx250

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »
Put it on the fireplace mantle, it's cool.

Jimmykx250

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 10:20:05 pm »
It would not be worth as much if you drink it, the experience of drinking it would be wretched. Theo SE beers were not made to last, heck I remember the old man drinking Meisterbrau, and it was cheap stuff back then (he liked cheap beer). Smart money sells sell it as a collectible.
Wretched indeed.  Don't open that bottle!

That bottle is 30 or 40 years old?  Last spring my son-in-law gave me a special Budweiser millennium gift set of
4 engraved pilsner glasses that included a special 40 oz. bottle of Budweiser. The set had been passed around in Christmas white elephant parties for 16 years.  The glasses are great but I spit one mouthful of the beer all over the living room carpet.  I guarantee that, if you drink that beer, you will be kneeling in front of the porcelain goddess in ten seconds.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 10:25:37 pm by Philbrew »
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline riceral

• Brewer
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 07:31:05 am »

That bottle is 30 or 40 years old?  Last spring my son-in-law gave me a special Budweiser millennium gift set of
4 engraved pilsner glasses that included a special 40 oz. bottle of Budweiser. The set had been passed around in Christmas white elephant parties for 16 years.  The glasses are great but I spit one mouthful of the beer all over the living room carpet. I guarantee that, if you drink that beer, you will be kneeling in front of the porcelain goddess in ten seconds.

So you're saying Bud hasn't changed whether it is a 16 year old Bud or a recently produced Bud?  :)
Ralph R.

Offline BairsBrewing

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 08:25:23 am »

4 engraved pilsner glasses that included a special 40 oz. bottle of Budweiser. The set had been passed around in Christmas white elephant parties for 16 years.  The glasses are great but I spit one mouthful of the beer all over the living room carpet. I guarantee that, if you drink that beer, you will be kneeling in front of the porcelain goddess in ten seconds.

So you're saying Bud hasn't changed whether it is a 16 year old Bud or a recently produced Bud?  :)
At least they are consistent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 08:58:22 am »

At least they are consistent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Haha I'm not really going to open it.   I think that it would ruin the mystique of the beer.  I'm not able to fly it back home from CLE to DEN so most likely will be sold to a collector.   

"There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know"