Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sierra Nevada Celebration 2016  (Read 10756 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Sierra Nevada Celebration 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 10:10:36 am »
I look forward to it every year. The label is just so christmasy. I like it, but I'd be happy if I could get their stout on a regular basis.

Yeah, I love their stout, too. It's pretty underrated.
Jon H.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 08:10:06 pm »
I look forward to it every year. The label is just so christmasy. I like it, but I'd be happy if I could get their stout on a regular basis.

They have a coffee stout in their winter mixed 12 pack that is awesome. I wish they would sell that on it's own.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 12:05:02 am »

They have a coffee stout in their winter mixed 12 pack that is awesome. I wish they would sell that on it's own.
I'll look for it

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 08:18:46 am »

Man, I love well made coffee stouts, thats for sure. My only stupid issue is I can't seem to drink them at night as they keep me up later than I want to be. My wimpy, high-strung nervous system.....

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 09:00:37 am »
I am noticing as I age I am getting the same way with the after 4pm caffeinated beverages.  However I have yet to find the coffee stout, I have been looking for it since I saw this post.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 09:02:19 am »
I am noticing as I age I am getting the same way with the after 4pm caffeinated beverages.  However I have yet to find the coffee stout, I have been looking for it since I saw this post.

only in the Snow Pack, unless your local bar happens to get one off kegs of SN.

Celebration was good this year, but i just wasn't as in to it this year as i have been in the past. 
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2016, 09:09:37 am »
Man, I love well made coffee stouts, thats for sure. My only stupid issue is I can't seem to drink them at night as they keep me up later than I want to be. My wimpy, high-strung nervous system.....

Decaf beans, Rob! That's my workaround.  :)
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2016, 12:44:55 pm »

I knew you were good for something!  Now to find some flavorfull decaf beans....

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:30 pm »

I knew you were good for something!  Now to find some flavorfull decaf beans....

;D Yeah, they're not all created equal. In a pinch I've gotten good results from Starbucks decaf Sumatra beans.
Jon H.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 05:34:59 pm »

;D Yeah, they're not all created equal. In a pinch I've gotten good results from Starbucks decaf Sumatra beans.

Cool. Thanks as always Jon.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 05:22:34 pm »
Found a Snow Pack, going to enjoy a SN coffee stout soon as they chill... ya, warm store retailer. Bone heads

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 10:54:54 am »
Found a Snow Pack, going to enjoy a SN coffee stout soon as they chill... ya, warm store retailer. Bone heads

$26.99/case at Costco
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 01:03:24 pm »
Thanks

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »
Ya know what, I don't think coffee stout is the star of that Snow Pack. The maple scotch is mighty fine too, but I'm digging that Cascade single hop IPA. Cascade might be boring to a lot of people, but dang dang it's tasty

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »
No, I still love Cascade. It's just a great hop. I still make a an all Cascade APA.
Jon H.