Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Westmalle Tripel  (Read 4069 times)

Offline riceral

• Brewer
Re: Westmalle Tripel
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 06:43:08 pm »
You got me there. It was in the dishwasher from the Dubbel last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dishwasher???

Yes my Westmalle glass was in the dishwasher.

You bottle spund trappist ales yet you put trappist glasses in the dishwasher?  ::)

All my glasses, Trappist or other, get hand washed. Just me maybe.
Ralph R.

Big Monk

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 06:51:08 pm »
You got me there. It was in the dishwasher from the Dubbel last night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dishwasher???

Yes my Westmalle glass was in the dishwasher.

You bottle spund trappist ales yet you put trappist glasses in the dishwasher?  ::)

All my glasses, Trappist or other, get hand washed. Just me maybe.

For me it's just easier. I have two kids and between rinsing all my dishes thoroughly (no crud), sani-rinse and steam dry, there is zero difference between hand wash and machine wash.

narvin

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 08:35:13 pm »
The only thing I worry about is fading of logos or deterioration of a gold/silver rim, both which I've seen happen.

Big Monk

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:07 am »
The only thing I worry about is fading of logos or deterioration of a gold/silver rim, both which I've seen happen.

That's definitely true. If there is any sort of delicate logo or plating on it it gets hand washed.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 04:24:27 am »
Just be glad I didn't take the picture, else it may have wound up in a Chimay glass...

I buy 4-packs of Libbey for "everyday" glasses, and they just get run through the dishwasher. Once they start getting "milky" and scratched up we just donate them and buy a new pack.

All the rest of the "nice" glasses get hand washed.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline Hand of Dom

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 04:25:27 am »

I only seem to see degradation in metallic logos (my Duvel glass).  Normal coloured logos (Achouffe) seem fine.
Dom

Currently drinking - Amarillo saison
Currently fermenting - Pale ale 1 - 2017

Big Monk

Westmalle Tripel
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 04:49:04 am »
Just be glad I didn't take the picture, else it may have wound up in a Chimay glass...

I buy 4-packs of Libbey for "everyday" glasses, and they just get run through the dishwasher. Once they start getting "milky" and scratched up we just donate them and buy a new pack.

I've never experienced any scratching or "milkiness". Maybe I don't drink enough!

I think Narvin's point is most applicable to me as I use the sani-rinse and steam dry on my unit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 05:12:39 am by Big Monk »

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 09:23:37 am »

I've never experienced any scratching or "milkiness". Maybe I don't drink enough!

I think Narvin's point is most applicable to me as I use the sani-rinse and steam dry on my unit.

Some get a "haze" after a while. Could be anything from water hardness to the detergent we use. I also use the steam dry feature.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.