Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Chimay Christmas Gift Box  (Read 4732 times)

Big Monk

Chimay Christmas Gift Box
« on: December 10, 2016, 06:24:20 am »

These just hit town in my area. My store has it for $22.99 but anything under $30 is a screaming deal.

All 4 Chimay beers plus 2 Chimay 33cl glasses. It's worth it for the bottle of Doree alone.

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Chimay Christmas Gift Box
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 07:32:15 am »
Is the addition of Doree new this year? I've bought that pack as a gift for people several times and don't remember it having a fourth beer. It's probably been a few years though.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Big Monk

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:38:35 am »
Is the addition of Doree new this year? I've bought that pack as a gift for people several times and don't remember it having a fourth beer. It's probably been a few years though.

This is the first time I've seen it. I've had Doree a few times separately from bottle shops but a gift set of this scope is something I've never seen. It's about a $40 value for $22.99.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 07:51:04 am »
Yeah, that's a steal. I'll be looking.
Jon H.

Big Monk

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 08:05:46 am »
I mean you could not get a more perfect introduction to Chimay than this thing. Unless you went to the Abbey of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 09:24:20 am »
I'll be keeping my eyes open.

FWIW, Pilsner Urquell 0.5L cans are being sold in nice metal lunchboxes, I've scooped up 3 of them so far. ~$10/4 cans and the box. I plan on taking them apart and hanging the side on the wall like a sign.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline ultravista

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 10:14:35 am »
These just hit town in my area. My store has it for $22.99 but anything under $30 is a screaming deal.

.. and the store is?

Big Monk

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 10:39:24 am »
Wegmans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ultravista

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:53 am »
Crap, we don't have that store in Nevada. Once and a while, 'World Market' has the Chimay box. I'll have to call them ASAP.

Big Monk

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 11:15:03 am »
Crap, we don't have that store in Nevada. Once and a while, 'World Market' has the Chimay box. I'll have to call them ASAP.

I'm not going to grab it because I already have 2 Chimay glasses and have tried all their beers.

But for someone who has never tried Chimay, this is where it's at. I typically don't have access to Doree but that doesn't make it worthwhile for me.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 11:21:55 am »
Thanks for the tip - I'll be on the lookout. I'd be buying it for the glasses, knowing that I can cellar the Chimay and enjoy it over time.

The PU lunchbox sounds pretty cool, too. Looks like it's time to hunt around the bigger liquor stores for cool gift sets,
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 06:11:34 pm »
Thanks for the tip - I'll be on the lookout. I'd be buying it for the glasses, knowing that I can cellar the Chimay and enjoy it over time.

The PU lunchbox sounds pretty cool, too. Looks like it's time to hunt around the bigger liquor stores for cool gift sets,
I have to hit Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge soon. They have great deals this time if year plus you can get all sorts of tastings. Always dangerous though, hard to stay south of $300.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 06:37:00 am »

I have to hit Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge soon. They have great deals this time if year plus you can get all sorts of tastings. Always dangerous though, hard to stay south of $300.

Yeah, same story here at the Yankee Spirits in Attleborough
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 09:52:47 am »

Yeah, same story here at the Yankee Spirits in Attleborough
We only go about once a year and there are so many better deals that at closer places it actually saves money in the long run, but ouch! Also they have a lot of things I can't get elsewhere.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 09:10:32 pm »
We spent $500 at Yankee Spirits today. Some of it was gifts but honestly we got 1/10 of what we wanted. Great stuff there. Beer wise  I got a variety of Nightshift, a big bottle of Chimay doree , big bottle of samiclaus, westmalle dubbel, Fuller's London pride.