Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blichmann Brew Pots  (Read 3196 times)

Offline natebrews

• Brewer
Re: Blichmann Brew Pots
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 01:45:37 pm »
I do 5 gallon batches.  I usually start with 7gallons and go from sparge to boil in under 10 minutes.  I haven't payed much attention to it since I first got it, but it isn't slow enough that I can ignore it at all.  I also brew inside, so my wind/cold conditions are pretty constant and mild.

I also crank it up to full power and start the heating when I start the sparge runoff (basically, once it gets above the coils so I don't dry fire them).  That probably cuts down a lot of the time I would have to wait compared to if I just cranked it up when the runoff was done.

For sure though, it is comfortably quick.
Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying.

Offline bruck

• Cellarman
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 01:55:48 pm »
Super.  That is what my process has been as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 03:06:30 pm »
I do 5 gallon batches.  I usually start with 7gallons and go from sparge to boil in under 10 minutes.
For sure though, it is comfortably quick.

That is pretty impressive. Fast to say the least.

Offline natebrews

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 03:15:02 pm »
Using the equation on Blichmanns site, I get 13.8min for the expected ramp time for 7gal from 160F to 212F using the BoilCoil that I have, so I guess it is in line since I turn the thing on while sparging and get times that are < 10min from the end of the sparge.  I had never checked the math on it before, but it looks line it all lines up.
Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying.