Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Denver, Colorado  (Read 2532 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Denver, Colorado
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 12:09:34 pm »
One tip on drinking there, also drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. 2007 NHC had bottled water available, and we were often reminded to drink that water.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 03:30:34 pm »

If you are staying on the west side (Lakewood, Golden) it's about a 20 minute drive to Tommyknocker in Idaho Springs.

Even on dry roads, that's more like 40-60 min. But the drive up US 6 is well worth it, and puts you right next to Cannonball Creek. ;)

If you're coming up that far and have the time, might as well carry on to Summit County where you have seven breweries off the same exit.

We were staying on the west side of Lakewood, right off 470. It was maybe 30 minutes at most via I-70. We really loved Tommyknocker and Idaho Springs in general.  We easily made it there for lunch and back to Lakewood then to downtown Denver for an evening wedding.

One tip on drinking there, also drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. 2007 NHC had bottled water available, and we were often reminded to drink that water.

Yes, my wife had altitude sickness/dehydration the first day there.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 03:52:43 pm »
If you somehow make it up to Idaho Springs, there is another brewery right by Tommy Knocker. I believe it is called Westbound and Down or something
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale