Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wyeast January - March PCs  (Read 8551 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Wyeast January - March PCs
« on: December 20, 2016, 12:30:31 am »
Does anyone know what the next quarter PC releases will be?

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Wyeast January - March PCs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:13:03 am »

Ha!  Bet you're chomping at the bit for them to release your Munich lager II, huh?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:33:47 am »
Actually, I do becasue I chose them!  In honor of Experimental Brewing being the #1 hobby podcast, they're letting us pick the strains for the whole year!  I don't know if I can tell you yet, but I can say this....April 7 is Session Beer Day and we're big supporters of that so we picked strains that would make good session beers for it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:37:25 am »
Actually, I do because I chose them!  In honor of Experimental Brewing being the #1 hobby podcast, they're letting us pick the strains for the whole year!

Very cool on both counts!
Jon H.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:52:22 am »
Actually, I do becasue I chose them!  In honor of Experimental Brewing being the #1 hobby podcast, they're letting us pick the strains for the whole year!  I don't know if I can tell you yet, but I can say this....April 7 is Session Beer Day and we're big supporters of that so we picked strains that would make good session beers for it.

How in the heck can we plan our next quarter's brews without this information?  :)
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 12:14:16 pm »

How in the heck can we plan our next quarter's brews without this information?  :)

Agreed.  Hopefully they'll release it soon.  But plan on British ales and especially session beers.  Simple, see?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 03:16:51 pm »

Agreed.  Hopefully they'll release it soon.  But plan on British ales and especially session beers.  Simple, see?

Sounds great to me! Though meanwhile I'll stick with 1469.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 04:38:56 pm »

Ha!  Bet you're chomping at the bit for them to release your Munich lager II, huh?
Ya, I think my slants have been in the fridge for about 9 months. It will be a good test of my skills I guess... I'll be brewing my first lagers of the season in about a month.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:47 pm »
That's so cool Denny! I just might have to do a couple milds to celebrate that!

Way to go Denny and Drew!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 05:15:48 pm »

Ya, I think my slants have been in the fridge for about 9 months. It will be a good test of my skills I guess... I'll be brewing my first lagers of the season in about a month.

So, what's it worth to ya to get that strain back?  ;)

www.dennybrew.com

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 05:20:01 pm »
I have a sneaky suspicion that some rare English ale and German weissbier strains are not going to be forthcoming.  :(

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »
I have a sneaky suspicion that some rare English ale and German weissbier strains are not going to be forthcoming.  :(

Are you assuming that they would otherwise?

www.dennybrew.com

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »

So, what's it worth to ya to get that strain back?  ;)
I'd have to think about that...

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 03:35:11 pm »

Yes indeed. I have a best bitter and a mild on my next ten beers to brew list.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline Joel5000

• Cellarman
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 12:25:03 am »

Jim, if you have a source for Imperial yeast, their L17 Harvest lager is the same strain as Wyeast Munich Lager II, and available year-round.